Extreme amount of bubbles in distillate? How to remove?

Looking into them now, never heard of one before. I just set a jar in there and it vibrates the bubbles out?

Thatā€™s correct mate, plus itā€™s a heated bath

2 Likes

Taggin in on this I just broke my homogenizer ran too hot and donā€™t have money for a new one at least not a legit one.

Sonicator is the name for those baths if I bought one can you guide me real quick on what the steps would be. Like the jewelry cleaner ones on Amazon is that enough for homoginizing to happen in?

Iā€™m using 98% distillate so itā€™s thick as fuck.

I wouldnā€™t really use a sonicator that just spells disaster for someone setting the glass on the cage on metal to homogenize the oil & Terps then creating weak points in the glass from use multiple times & ending in a mess you donā€™t want to clean up.

Toss it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Or heat in water bath not glass jar on hot plate.

1 Like

Warm it slightly and chuck it in an appropriate centrifuge. Thereā€™s been recent discussion about which swing arm rotors can handle a bell jar

3 Likes

In a real $/time pinch, as mentioned previously- microwave at 50% power, 30 secs at a time check oil temp after each go and continuously agitate/mix- until your oil is similar in viscosity through the whole solution. Let the jar/container settle to room temp whilst having jar sealed tight.
If this hasnā€™t inherently fixed your bubble issue after settling-Thereā€™s also a manual/mechanical ā€œvac-pumpā€ on amazon, under the name ā€œfiltr8ā€ super-super cheap design, but the luer-lock fittings and GL sleeves are very adaptable to many applcations.

There are also some really cheap/crappy, relatively low rpm homogenizers on amazon that can be stacked with a hotplate/stirrer setup to apply 50-65c with way more shear and less atmospheric exposure time. Itā€™s ghetto-shine cave status but if you know and respect that without trying to come off as a god sent unicorn, it gets the job done xp