Extractor socks

Hmm, apparently most panty hose are made of a type of nylon…

Seems pretty compatible with butane/ethyl alcohols from this:
https://www.calpaclab.com/nylon-chemical-compatibility-chart/

Now this has got me wondering!

3 Likes

First the dish washer to clean engine parts… now this…

3 Likes

We researched before we used them and we have been very happy since. We started having our growers bring our biomass in sleeves of nylons ready to go:) It has sped things up dramatically.

Repurpose reduce recycle:) The 3 R’s:)

2 Likes

I take all my cloth pots after each run to thw laundry mat and get some strange looks when im unloading them, but it’s Humbolt. Im gonna have to try the panty hoses

2 Likes

Any concern with pre freezing socks and them not fitting tightly in the spool? I worry about channeling, obv tons of people do it so im off base? I usually dont soak, perhaps thats the “trade off”

this sounds good, so just pack fresh buds tight and hard like dried herb? if stuffing a sock and properly bagging before freezing, doesnt seem like much air space for ice crystals to form, is everyone flash freezing with dry ice or liquid nitrogen, or have folks found that a reg -30 deep freeze is acceptable?

@Schocke88

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Channeling shouldn’t be an issue if you are running at 75psi+. Just leave ample headspace (10" on my system) and smash the material into your column pretty fuggin hard. I use a Louisville slugger.

3 Likes

Bizzybee socks do that. They’re only $20 each.

2 Likes

is it filter bag ?

Noooo lmao 75psi lawd. High Pressure= High Temperature=impurties picked up. Channeling occurs because the solvent is taking the path of least resistant in the biomass. Increasing pressure would still have channeling but now your flowing through it like a river in the Grand Canyon.

1 Like

On non biased answer. You think the cold transfer is equal with socks than without them? I noticed a slight darker coloration while running the same biomass. After that run I didn’t bother chilling it longer. I noticed sweating happened for dewaxing with iso/slurry if I went past a certain time. Also I never tried packing an open sock like that so I know i could of messed up there.

-30 will work fine.

1 Like

A couple well placed light whacks on the outside of the vac seal before taking the sock out will make the sold moldable and easy to fit into your mc. I have also not seen any chanelling when doing this. You might lose a quarter gram of trichomes at most if you’ve done it right.

1 Like

You know, I have had this issue and that’s why I don’t load my socks prior. I load em in the equipment and I get more in there and don’t have to fight a sock trying to defrost when I don’t want it to. I grab bag by bag from the freezer and load them into the equipment. Granted we all run different setups.

I also vac seal (not too tight) and throw in freezer. Mine is -80, but still a freezer. Then I pull the bags out after they have frozen. Smash them and put them back. Then I begin runs. I pour 500g of FF in each time and pack it slightly. I can get bout 7k give or take (I’ve gotten 7500) in my 6x48 column.

I do want to try to freeze with ln2 and then vac seal. As long as it doesn’t melt in that time.

4 Likes

Mother of god! I’ve never heard of someone shoving that much into a 6x48. Talk about stuffing that tube like it owes you money! Lol

1 Like

This is frozen material, mind you. I just tap it down with a 2" dowel. The material is pulverized into the a powder. There’s not many nugs left. It gives a nice wash and it get pretty good returns from it. And it was pretty full and kinda difficult to tie it off. But it makes good use of my time with frozen material

3 Likes

Pulling from a -80 freezer makes one hell of a difference. I pull from a -40 now and it’s not brittle enough

1 Like

Its crazy but if you try and pound that hoe shell take it. I manage to get 13.6k into a 8" :innocent:

1 Like