Extractor Pay Discussion

i said most and @Kingofthekush420 said all… Ive heard some crazy ass shit especially from while label producers

8 Likes

Ah, yeah sorry, you said if they wanna stay in business they do it.

1 Like

That’s how AK is. Testing labs fall under retail (I believe), and you can only own a combination of 2 out of the 3 licenses.
Or maybe it’s if you have a cultivation and producers license you can’t have a testing lab. It’s been so long since I got my handler’s card I forget the details

2 Likes

when people have “investors” breathing down their necks for ROI and have no control. Many times the money comes backdooring. Just cause you dont wanna admit it cause your a legal lab; dont pretend like its not common in this industry.

Lots of chads wanna see the money…

11 Likes

Huh?

I already said I know of lots of companies that do it, I know it’s super common.

Shit there’s a vape company here in MI that still gets liters from CA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Brrrrrraaaappp

5 Likes

Do you have to have everything filmed/recorded in your labs up there? Is it possible for the extraction tech to skim off of the top of the pours. You know, 500 grams to the man, and 20 to me kind of thing?

2 Likes

I guess I should’ve said “at least 1” looool

1 Like

I just felt a musical intermission was warranted.

1 Like

Everything is recorded, data has to be stored for at least a month I think, might be two.

There’s ways to do whatever, regulatory boards don’t usually come through unless there’s a complaint or word from METRC that something’s fishy. Thing is the Admins/Owners can watch all the footage whenever they want, if they catch you stealing product they can report you to the reg agencies and you get a much harsher charge.

Look into Sweet Leaf in CO, they used the camera footage to put budtenders and managers in prison.

6 Likes

Are you the guy that yells at people for talking on the phone while driving?
Asking where are the cops to give them a ticket?

6 Likes

Fuck no, idc what people do. Live and let live.

I just don’t wanna catch shit saying I’m the dummy cause I don’t wanna go back to jail.

5 Likes

When I owned a lab I paid my extractors 60-100k and now I currently work in a lab for 50k :weary:, but just temporarily. In Maine if that means anything. I can see Cali Washington Oregon and Colorado not paying shit but the newer states that aren’t flooded with techs should be able to pay a decent wage. Especially if the owners know nothing about running a lab.

6 Likes

You don’t have to skim. Just put it in a box tape it up and walk out. When you try to get sneaky is when you get fucked.
Always act like you own the place. Forgiveness is easier than permission most of the time.

8 Likes

I miss the 215 days. All my employees made at least 2k a week plus we’d give out bonuses all the time. Even bought a couple of them cars. Everyone was happy and life was great. The best part is we loved what we did and made the best hash without getting hung up on expenses.

22 Likes

My extractor in WA has the potential to make six figures and will very likely do so with bonuses this year. Started as a trimmer while getting his engineering degree, 5 yrs later, I think he is pretty happy with his career choice.

We have been considering getting him an assistant and would likely pay $15-18/hr.

5 Likes

Hell 215 days trimmers made that

1 Like

I feel you! I’m not one to do shady shit. Even if I was actively getting fucked, I would take my fucking while trying to find something else. I was raised that way. What matters the most is the way you act when you think no one is looking. Integrity, and all that…

10 Likes

People taking the jobs at these rates is the problem.

7 Likes

I’ve spent a lot of my time making fuck all money while the boss made bank.

A bit of my time making damn good money while my boss printed it (oil and gas).

It doesn’t matter where I’ve been; the boss never seems to want to share their cut.

But I’ve also noticed something in my time. If you:

• treat people like human beings,
  • let them have some agency (aka hire smart people and get out of their way)
  • pay them enough that they aren’t worried about getting more money so they can eat. (This rate generally seems to be 10%-25% over the prevailing market rate.)

They will work about 2x harder and 3x smarter.

That’s 2x the productivity.

Now, it’s the right thing to do. But it’s also got the highest ROI.

Most of my workers are going to be engineers, and relatively well paid too.

That’s overkill, certainly.

But I know that every one of my employees will have the brains and ability to at least competently think about a problem before hitting it with a blunt object.

I’m also making sure that every employee who wants a slice of the company can get it through a stock option plan.

And profit sharing.

So when the company does good, so do they. I may have been a key part of building this fucker, but they keep it alive.

36 Likes