Extraction tubes needed! Any cheap sources?

Hi!

Looking to make some etoh tubes, 6-8" diameter. Probably 4-6ft long. Spool/triclamp fittings. Want to be able to hold 7-10lb? Anyone got a good source before I start scrounging around on the wild world Alibaba?

@Killa12345 might be able to source you some parts, saving you some money

8 Likes

https://www.glaciertanks.com

Good prices, wide selection of different things for brewing/extraction, decent prices, and pretty quick shipping.

4 Likes

Is there a point where larger diameter tubes start to affect yeild or throughput? Considering going to a fatter shorter tube (6x36 from a 4x48). I’m speaking intelligently terms of bho not ethanol. Sorry to highjack the thread a little bit

1 Like

Stay with the 4x48. Easier to get even distribution across the material

3 Likes

Enough said

1 Like

Does the tube diameter apply to the etoh as well for efficiency?

1 Like

probably not as much. I may be wrong @cyclopath can correct me, but etho doesn’t want warm up as fast. and depending on your level of investment… you could throw jacketed columns and hook them up to something cold, like the touch science 30/80 which would easily keep those columns tit bit nipply

4 Likes

I run a jacketed 6”x36” on my concept rig. Building my production rig with 6”x48” columns. Keeping everything nice and cold has to be priority numero uno!

. This test run came out tasty AF! That slab was straight out the oven and after sitting for a bit is super stable shatter. Column was run between -40 to -50c.

6 Likes

i really love seeing how simple and awesome some of your guys extractors are. Man, that design looks soo simple yet effective. Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

Thank you brother👊 I’m drawn to simplicity. My my production rig will hopefully consist of 8 6”x48” extraction columns and 4 x 8”x12” filter stacks. (Working on finalizing the funding/budget with the powers that be) Obviously there is a good amount of ancillary equipment required but at the end of the day it’s quite simple. Solvent in the top, out the bottom, through a filter!

5 Likes

no doubt bro…That thing looks awesome and super cheap to make. I love how really no sightglasses are incorporated making the cost of your parts extremely low.

I imagine that column is chilled with some pretty expensive chiller otherwise the stainless looks super cheap…probably much cheaper than a CLS on this size and i think this might run faster.

let me know the quote of the spools and stainless your looking for…can probably get you a better price. Thanks for sharing this. I wouldnt mind mocking up a smaller version to play with here. This is great!

3 Likes

Where is the collection?

2 Likes

That bucket id imagine under the filter

4 Likes

Yes sir! I’ll DM you when I get in the office. Super cheap like maybe 2k and most of that is in fittings, valves and high pressure clamps, two lids, and multiple bowl reducers. Super cheap. Each 36” column can hold 3.2-6.6kg if I cry mill the material. For this mock up rig I use LN2 my production rig will be powered by a beastly 2.5kw @-80 American Made Chillin Muscle💪 The filters will all be jacketed and the piping will all be hardline pipe. I’ll have 15 gal kegs between each pair of extraction columns and the filter and 55 gal seamless SS drum for post filter collection.

4 Likes

Yup @Killa12345 is right. That bucket will be replaced with a nice SS drum eventually.

7 Likes

I’ve made some decent stuff with this little cheap o rag tag system. Like I know you guys know you don’t need much. Just attention to detail, passion for quality, and a love for Mary Jane!! Oh and with Ethanol you need :cold_face:

7 Likes

Thats exactly all it takes…There are sooo many intuitive people here…Its just crazy some of the stuff ive seen on this site now coming on a year…but i never realized how simple a basic alcohol extraction unit can be till you just posted yours. Damn that looks simple! Awesome!!!

3 Likes

That looks like an all ceramic cart. What brand/model is that?

1 Like

What are you using for your hoses?

2 Likes