Extraction Manager Looking for Work / East Coast

michigan has live poker. Im also considering wisconsin but the main room is shut down since covid. but its close enough to il poker that I could drive.

My sis offered to stay at her house. Its empty because she moved out of state but wont sell the house on whidbey island. I have to take a ferry for poker or most jobs though.

1 Like

There’s a bridge to the island

3 Likes

Im in a hotel now. I may visit the island this month and im wookable and hope to move up to manager or sales positions.

2 Likes

They have a free local transit. You can go all the way north off the island to skagit county’s nearest bus station, that’ll get you wherever your heart desires

I wish you luck trying not to drink on whidbey

1 Like

I edited the main post to better express my experience and what I’m looking for at my next job. I’ll also be sharing my best posts on this forum, as a small example of what I’ve created in the past and can continue to create in the future.

(this is the batch that won 1st place, below)

2 Likes

I’m on Whidbey……. Just sayin …

7 Likes

Got a job for me? xD

1 Like

Just made it to GA this week. Helping my parents setup a greenhouse, solar panels, and remodeling a little cabin on the property. Finished the door and floor, working on the ceilings today. I’ll share some pics for fun!

6 Likes

Might be able to help you find something in Maine

3 Likes

Definitely interested! I have an old friend working in cultivation out there, it’d be ideal!

2 Likes

Just another update, not really trying to bump, I requested that this thread get deleted since I haven’t gotten much more traction from it. Although, before it does get removed, I’ll share my updated resume once more.

Anthony Fiori Resume 2022 v1.4.pdf (56.4 KB)
While my experience is understandably in managing cannabis extraction labs, due to my location and current situation I’d much prefer to switch into a remote equipment sales role. If any equipment suppliers see this please reach out, I would be a very valuable asset to your team whether you’re selling lab supplies or any alternative supplies like cartridges and prerolls.

3 Likes

Bumping again for the sake of it. As far as an update goes, lab and agriculture suppliers don’t seem to want to interview me. I also haven’t been hearing back from the min. wage jobs near me, which are about 2 hours away. That distance is the main reason I was hoping to find some remote work instead. Anyway, I’m going to end it there before I start going off on how hopeless I feel. Just want to let everyone here know I genuinely appreciate all the advice and help offered to me.

That is so cute! How big is that shed?

1 Like

Thank you, I think it’s really cute too, I put a tiny greenhouse on the southwest side of the cabin deck for seed starts and small plants. The interior is 18’x18’, and we’ve only touched up the flooring really. My dad has been debating putting more money into renovating it, so we’ve held off on any further improvements for the time being. It is still a functional workspace for me though! I have my computer and wifi setup and ready to go hahaha.

Here are some pics, also finished the large 8x20 greenhouse, I posted pictures in the amending clay thread but I’ll include it here too;

Cleaned and stained the deck myself :triumph: lol

And here are some tomatoes I started from seed, who doesn’t like seeing little plants?

Edit: just gonna show off more little seedlings since I’m excited for them hahaha

Got one little strawberry sprout, apparently they’re notoriously hard to germinate?

Above are little lavender starts

And this is my prepping a 10gal pot for companion planting with cannabis, I transplanted basil to it and sowed some cilantro and dill between the basil. A lot of the bagseed and freebie seeds I’ve been trying to germinate have been bunk though, if anyone has fresh autos I could buy that’d be awesome, I’m trying to avoid using my cannarado strains since I don’t have a dialed in setup yet.

Lmfao sorry for adding on so much to your question @Sidco_Cat just thought I’d give a more fleshed out update xD

5 Likes

Bro it sounds like the universe is talking to you right now. On the one hand, you seem stubbornly stuck on on the idea of being a cannabis processing guy. And not fulfilling that is a clash to the ego and seems like all your work has been in vain (it has not).

On the other hand, your situation is affording you the freedom to try new things. Geographically it may not be ideal, but with internet and YouTube you have some tools for exploration. At some point you have let go of the old identity, accept the change, and being carving out a new path. It really is the stages of grief playing out and you may still be in the denial phase, and bro, that is totally okay. But don’t beat yourself down because you aren’t fulfilling the idea of a successful cannabis processor. The skills you have can be put to use in new fields. Maybe related to cannabis, maybe not.

I know a lot of people trash college, and that’s fine. I get it. It’s expensive. But if you don’t know people and your family doesn’t have connections or is wealthy, it still is a viable way to eventual upward mobility if you play the cards right. I know it sucks, but jobs are competitive in all industries. Employers are lazy and its easy ti filter out applicants that don’t have a stupid degree.

Or there’s fields that pay high and don’t require a degree. You like working with your hands? Perhaps a trade that could transfer back into cannabis? Electrician? Plumbing? HVAC? I fee like those are the people really making money in cannabis.

4 Likes

You’re totally spot on, I’d say. I’m definitely too critical on myself, and it seems to be a factor in what’s stopping me from completely exploring new things (along with severe ADHD lol). I sure do spend a lot of time THINKING about other options instead of just diving in. Nearly all my life choices up until now have been heavily impulse based, so I think deep down I’m attempting to make sound choices and I end up just pondering and procrastinating instead.

I’ve seriously been thinking about going to college specifically for the networking aspect, since I don’t have many connections at all and do find it difficult to cultivate them. I’ve always wanted to go to college and stick through it, but the price is definitely stopping me, on top of not knowing what exactly I’d major/minor in.

My dad actually does HVAC/Electrical, and has been for my whole life. Growing up and to this day I help him on the job every once in a while, but I only understand the basics. If he was still looking for clients, I’d be down in Miami looking for grows and labs right now hahaha, but he’s trying to retire. I don’t think I’d enjoy doing it long-term though.

I’m good at working with my hands but it honestly gets frustrating after a while, as far as I can tell I seem to have a higher tolerance for computer based work if anything, plus I’m not a very big or strong person so extremely laborious tasks aren’t my forte.

Here’s a few things I’ve realized I enjoy learning about (in no specific order);
-World history, specifically human relations and the rise/fall of civilizations, as well as art and architecture.
-Horticulture/Agriculture, I’ve enjoyed it as a hobby since I started growing indoors back in CO, and now I finally have space to play around with an actual food producing garden.
-Sustainability, I think the cannabis industry is in dire need of innovation in terms of sustainability, like energy consumption, manufacturing waste, among other social and economic aspects.
-Landscape photography, whenever I do get out on a hike or something I enjoy taking scenic pictures, but honestly who doesn’t?
-Building PCs, setting up servers, modding games that I enjoy, among other computer based tasks.

Anyway, I hope I don’t seem like I’m making excuses. I guess I just wanted to express what I’ve been thinking and feeling lately. I appreciate you chiming in with a healthy dose of realism. I also saw @AgTonik post about remote work ideas the other day and I’m considering those options as well. Always helpful to hear different perspectives and ideas.

I’ll be making a much stricter schedule for myself after today to keep my ass on track xD

4 Likes

Go apply to your local union hall. Not sure on GA, but homies in MA working laborers union getting 43/hr for local jobs, 65/hr for state jobs+ overtime.

Get some bread up and do a little processing on the side, so you don’t feel like you’re giving up on the work you enjoy.

4 Likes

Fwiw you are far from alone. If I make it to die of old age, I will never forget the freedom I tasted or the feeling of paving my own way through this passion.

Its ok to be critical of yourself. This is how we grow. Too many don’t spend enough time in the mirror. Just make sure you acknowledge your accomplishments&achievements too. Give yourself credit.

Jeremy’s advice is very solid and unions will bring good pensions too. Sounds like you may not find this path fulfilling, but it could open other doors for you through providing meaningful income. So maybe it could be a stepping stone to running your own business if you can tuck it away.

Unfortunately, from where I sit, most of your listed interests would be a challenge to monetize. Except for the computer related stuff. I assume you don’t have any type of degree or certification just yet. This path seems to make the most sense to me by far out of your listed options. In the immediate term, you may be able to pick up some local repair&sales traffic. Sounds like you are pretty rural, which cuts both ways; less volume but also less competition which may work out for you. Long term, if you are willing to nearly perpetually go back to school, an IT related degree or cert seems like smart money; good investment in oneself.

Good luck man. It was an incredible challenge for me to shift my profession into a different field. But I find that I actually enjoy growing, processing etc as a hobby for myself, friends, fam more than I did when it put food on the table. Can make decisions more geared toward connoisseur and leave behind commercially driven deciding factors.

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 3.52.42 PM

Shawn@pharmaindustriessa.com

2 Likes