Extraction looks pasty

Pretty cool ! Did u dab it yet?

I second that! No vac oven at all? Just straight roto? Interesting stuff, SOP time lol no more hand whipping😂

@Schlegbean in roto tell the oil got stable put in pyrex, then out in oven was looking to purge the rest of the ethanol out and just have some oil. But it had a mind of its own and turned pasty after a few hours and just left it the oven over night.

Thanks for all the help everyone, real good insite on the threads.

1 Like

That final consistency is also consistent with whipping.

My best guess is you did have a little more water than usual in there, but having never seen anything like that happen, I am just guessing.

1 Like

Back in like 09 we blasted some tubes into a Pyrex dish full of cold water. The oil turned cloudy and tacky right away but it became purged of butane and full of water which obviously was bad… Usually old material has decarbed and will make an oily consistency. Kinda looks like fats, assuming it’s not winterized. What temp was the ethanol during the run? I like the color.

1 Like

@LegalAndLicensed we do a cryogenic extraction which is at -70f.

2 Likes

We’ll definitely not pulling fats at -70. I’d think water in the ethanol but you said it’s fresh ethanol so it’s not that.

Even frosted over cryo extraction I pull fats & lipids. If you don’t have a inline dewax column setup you most certainly will.

I have a tek that makes eho badder too though so that could be useful! :metal:t3:

All of this was a etho wash product. Shatter, badder, micro nucleation sugar w terp layer, & can even precipitate diamonds if you saturate & crash. All small batch of course for minimal loss during trials. Minimal crc in those too. Which I can help with as well.

1 Like

What’s the process time for all this @Cheebachiefextracts. Do you go from roto to vac oven, and what’s the time of material being in oven.

That’s after hydrocarbon extraction & can be done before roto forsure. Don’t even have to winterize crude.

This was all made & lle extracted same day.