Extraction Lab Director
Red Cedar Labs is a middle TN processor of industrial hemp to crude, distillate, t-free and isolate. We are looking for the right person with extensive experience to lead our growing team.
The right candidate should be:
- Experienced with large hydrocarbon systems
- Previous experience with oil extraction techniques
- Distillation post processing required
- Capable of building and running a closed loop system with extensive understanding of the process
- Knowledgeable of pre processing techniques, post processing techniques such as but not limited to: distillation, isomerization, isolation, pesticide remediation, hydrocarbon oleoresin purification and all aspects of the production to refined cbd or cbg from industrial hemp
- Basic understanding of thin layer chromatography.
- Capable with reflux and basic chemistry procedures
- Capable of problem solving
- Solution oriented, capable of seeing solutions instead of problems
- Wiped film distillation experience
- Competent in General lab safety techniques
- Capable of being a self starter and team leader
- Willing to dedicate long hours to meet production deadlines
- Preparation of equipment and plant materials for extraction
- Execution of extraction and processing in accordance with state and local standards
- Operation of sophisticated extraction equipment
- Ensure consistency and efficiency of product through quality control testing and procedures
- Cleaning and maintenance of extraction equipment and manufacturing facility
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals, and equipment used in the facility
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the entire extraction space beginning with storing the raw cannabis through the extraction process
- Operating, maintaining, and making adjustments and repairs to extraction equipment
- Storing supplies and equipment and disposal of waste according to guidelines
- Complete the daily cleaning and sanitation of all production equipment, work surfaces, and tools
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment and preparing requisitions as needed
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products
- Following all standard operating procedures regarding product creation and lab safety
- Works with testing laboratory as defined by state guidelines
- Responsible for all extraction and processing of products in accordance with all state and local laws
- Enforce and improve GMP processes and procedures to ensure consistency and efficacy of including quality testing and standards
- Manage and maintain all current extraction and post processing equipment
- Maintain all records in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Develop new processing techniques and formulas for safe reliable consistent products
- Budgets and manages all work areas, lab equipment, containers, and appliances
- Assists with the creation of batch production records and labeling nomenclatures
- Develop best practices for pre-approved state and local laboratory agencies
- Ability to manage, hire and replace personnel as needed
- Control all equipment in a laboratory-type environment for all extraction and post processing systems
- Ability to develop and follow SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Other functions and duties as assigned
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate must have strong analytical, mechanical, written and verbal communication skills. Must be creative and demonstrate a dynamic enthusiastic product development attitude.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., processing, purging, formulating, mixing and product production).
- Must have ability to meet department goals, create and manage people, budgets and cost.
- Communicate effectively and work well with others in a team environment.
- Must possess acute problem solving skills coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent research and data organization skills.
- Experience in sub critical and super critical extraction methods as well as the purification, separation and isolation of various compounds of cannabis required.
- Minimum 2 year of laboratory experience required.
- Medical Marijuana or Industrial Hemp processing industry experience required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, along with frequent bending, ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds by themselves and 75+ pounds with a buddy, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving and making adjustments to process equipment.
- Ability to be fitted for, and wear protective gear.
Additional Information :
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Red Cedar Labs, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.
- We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience.
Pay & Benefits:
Salary DOE - $75,000 - $105,000
Medical & Dental Insurance Reimbursement
Paid time off (PTO) / Paid Holidays
Company paid basic life insurance
Send Resume / CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org