Extracting in Colombia - What if you had to start over how would you do it?

your telling me. we have seen a lot of your countries product purity here in miami. LOL i joke i joke

3 Likes

Extractionguy

Where did you get the world war II natzi scientists in that video?

I especially like the plug and play option.

Speaking with a few outfits and it seems like they always do a second round with the same material to ensure the maximum extraction. What is your take on centrifuge versus - screw press.

As a designer of a system do you seem similarities in equipment that was developed 50 years ago to extract vanilla. Do they not also use ethanol?

why not these guys?

School me.

Thank you for commenting.

The Canadians were the first to rush Colombia when they allowed cultivation. Then the Colombians watched, took notes and asked questions. Afterwards the took the Canadians out for dinner and drinks right before they droped them off at the airport and said, dont come back. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Was thinking the same thing

i feel like a dick saying it though. @ColombiaCBD is here looking for sound advice and im here joking about some of the history his city has been involved with. super sorry @ColombiaCBD. Just trying to joke around a little with the current climate of D8 people on the site

3 Likes

Nah Killa12345 - Netflix really ingrains into the minds of many the old Colombia. Us cities are becoming much more violent and dangerous than Colombia - In the end they all will collapse into America but that is another explanation.

What concerns me is the DEA and the alphabet soup agencies in the US with their war on drugs. It appears they are going after CBD production in the US.

At least with Colombia there is a path you can follow. The illicit growing does not like the legal stuff but with it being legalized it will drive down he price and reduce the incentive for violence that comes with it.

It is a lot easier to grow illicitly in Peru or Venezuela than Colombia. The us has 7 military base sin Colombia and moves against the drug trade.The more cannabis that gets out the profits from the illegal trade will drop. The US still spends money to spray the illicit crops in Colombia. There has been pushback from groups in Colombia against the legalized growers

3 Likes

Hello. How are they. I wanted to ask you about how to export and market CBD Extract to the United States or Europe.
I am part of a company that manufactures derivatives (extracts) in Colombia, our process is through supercritical CO2 and a remediation is carried out through chromatography to separate the CBD from THC.
The Colombian FDA does not associate the obtaining of these derivatives with the use of good manufacturing practices, since it considers them as raw material or intermediate material for a subsequent process.
The company’s focus is not aimed at manufacturing finished products such as drops, gummies, supplements, etc… with this raw material, the intention is to market it as such to producers of cannabis-based products.
Being considered as a raw material or starting material, what type of quality requirements or certifications are necessary to be able to market it abroad? Is it necessary to certify the process of obtaining this extract in good manufacturing practices in order to market it? or with a certificate of analysis that demonstrates the quality of the raw material and its traceability would be sufficient to be able to offer it.

Thank you very much in advance for the help. I hope the questions are not too ambiguous.

Consider basics like electrical supply, Solvent caps and codes. Don’t skimp on your classified spaces. No one wants to be in an 8’ x 8’ booth all day.

Our facilities are designed for an implementation of the GMP, but to be able to certify ourselves it will take time. The specific question is whether it is necessary to be certified in advance to be able to market raw materials or semi-finished materials such as full spectrum CBD extracts or CBD distillate.

I think that those standards should be attainable with the equipent you purchase and the space you ddevelop. Some projects can’t get there from here because the equipment is not certifiable even with modifications. I don’t think you need cGMP from the get go, but you should set yourself up to build toward it by being diligent about your quality system implementation, facility layout and equipment selections.

3 Likes

If your thc levels are below 0.3% your good to export to several and below 0.2% able to export to most
Since chromatography is part of your proces I wonder if your pricing can be competitive
As for gmp no need it s nice but not a neccesity

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, I understand that we have to prepare for cGMP implementation sooner or later, especially if we want to trade with the pharmaceutical industry. But since we are at this moment (we have almost ready infrastructure and the equipment is all in 316 steel, we would need the packaging process) we believe that we can start producing guaranteeing that the CBD distillate (below 0.3% THC) complies with the quality parameters that are required.

Thank you very much for your answer, it is very helpful. But another question arises. I am sure that we can guarantee that the THC concentration is zero since we use chromatography to do the remediation process, but the associated quality characteristics will be directly related to the industries that will sell this concentrate.
My question is, what are the quality requirements and/or certifications necessary to be able to market with the pharmaceutical industry? I say pharmaceutical industry since it is the most demanding.

Pharma is a different ball game
Gacp grown biomass
And after it already needs to move to api qualified processor for the extraction
Gmp is for food safety and yust general traceability
But making api quality products is far more
Controlled

1 Like

This is what I mean. In addition to the GPM guidelines, we are basing ourselves on ICH Q7, which corresponds to the production of active pharmaceutical components, but in addition to basing ourselves on and implementing this, we have no one to certify this process. That is why my question is whether it is necessary to certify this process before marketing it, even though we have quality standards.

It is somewhat ambiguous in my opinion, we have to comply with cGMP for APIs but there is no one to certify it. I would think it would be the job of the FDA but from what I understand, it doesn’t…

Connor know much off the requirements other than each country has their own
As for the fda I would suggest writing them and ask public institution so they will most likely help

This is for eu not usa