Extract cannabinoids from hashish with heptane?

So i am trying to make vapecarts by doing a extraction from hash with heptane. the material i am using is the kind of hash you get in europe and its smashed and mixed togheter so alot of plant matter mixed trough out everything. im guessing it wont be as easy to do a extraction on as kief with butane. im afraid of doing with butane as i think it could pull out alot of color and also clog shit up make bomb maybe :slight_smile: ? so my plan is to either do a super cold extraction with ethanol for a few hours so the brown shit falls to the bottom then winterize if necessary after that i would do a lle where i wash out the cannabinoids with heptane then put that heptane in vacuum oven. what do you guys think of my plan? i was hoping to make clear extraction with this that is not too brown/black. i could do some filtration too but i hope it wouldnt effect too bad yield/ take out too much good stuff yield is not as important as making good stuff as hash is very cheap here ( this is why i cant use flower because that shit is so expensive here). i know i could do with methanol too but i dont know if this would be safe to smoke as im not gonna distillate it… my budget is not too great but its some. if anyone have any suggestions i would be so grateful. the hash i get range from light stuff / to darker i guess it would be smartest to use the light stuff of higher quality? hope someone can help guide me to a safe and good quality way to do this

2 Likes

nope. 3x 5 min. longer is NOT better. (see: Iso and water to dewax)

good luck with that. you’re mostly starting with junk. you can absolutely get something you can put in a cart, but getting anything that isn’t quite dark is gonna be tough.

absolutely. if color maters to you.

4 Likes

Welcome to the future @Hashextract!

4 Likes

You could actually soak heptane for days and it will still be a yellowish brown. Heptane won’t soak up chlorophyll and things that alcohol would

2 Likes

interesting… so if i do something like soak the material in heptane then let gunk fall to bottom and filter off from top it i could be getting somewhere?

i will read what you sent thanks for help. any idea of more things i should look at?

how your hash got to you?!? :shushing_face:

would not expect much in the way of chlorophyl in “imported” hash.

then winterize in methanol? or just recover solvent and run with it?

that is true the stuff probably isnt chlorophyll anymore…

its like this but slightly lighter

Yea thats what I usually do but that may be a bit complicated for a first timer.

You got a rotovap?

1 Like

looks like it travelled via a different route…

2 Likes

i dont have one but i have the budget to buy one if its possible around 500$? i dont need to do huge amounts but i guess i will process somewhere around 5kg a week or more in the future… for now not that much but soon my budget will increase alot if it works out. first times not so much…

it didnt come from anal route yes unless… something very impressive

1 Like

so how can you be complitely sure its free of methanol? you let it run in that rotovap for a while? i will send to lab first if thats the case. and how much methanol would be left?

I winterize with methanol then extract back into heptane and flush it with water a few times

1 Like

smart… and this should be completely rid of methanol :slight_smile: ?

Yes. You can filter the heptane with Epsom salt for the trace amount of water

1 Like

anything else you do to filter when you first extracted into the heptane? before it went to methanol and thanks alot for help i realise it will take some time but i really want to achieve this

Yes a crc filter with your heptane will make an excellent product. I’d use something from gochemtek.com . Then use alumina when u filter the methanol

But you might as well only filter the final heptane solution because it is dewaxed and your scrubbing will be more effective against a lipid free solution

2 Likes

you microwave it first or what? I thought salt drying wasn’t very popular vs mol sieve

Mol sieve works as well