Extract all the Things! YouTube Series

Hey everyone! I’ve been talking about starting a YouTube channel for a few years now, I always slept on it and pushed it off. I’ve finally made the leap and started a new channel and a new series!

The series is called “Extract all the things!” join me on my quest to extract all the things! This journey will be a long and brutal one but its a journey I must do; my curiosity is getting the best of me!! Some day I hope to have a very large collection of non-cannabis botanical extractions and materials.

I thought long and hard about how I should structure my videos, what kind of format to do, etc. etc. I decided to just act like every video was a consultation with the intent of teaching as many skills and techniques to the viewer as possible. In the future as the channel grows I will incorporate GCMS and HPLC validation of the materials I extract! I’ve never been more excited to start a journey, never been more excited about extraction and chemistry in general!!

I probably wont touch cannabis for YouTube, but who knows I may do some cannabinoid extractions aswell in the future!

Check it out, give me some feedback! I tried to be as in-depth as possible but at the same time the video is only an hour and 20 minutes and I can only relay so much info in that timeframe!

YouTube slammed me with an age restrict right off the bat which I expected, so the slough to build this channel and series will be especially brutal, but I’m willing and able to make it happen!

I plan on uploading at least once a week but I’m pretty busy with cannabiz still.

Ill update this thread whenever I film/post another Extract all the Things video!

Soxhlet Extraction of Rosemary. Extract all the Things #1 - YouTube

-Extract all the Things #1 Rosemary-

The first video in the series is Rosemary! In this video I go over basic soxhlet, vacuum filtration, and rotary evaporator techniques! I end up precipitating Rosmarinic Acid in this one! The final results were very very interesting and one extraction created two wonderful products.

anyways thanks for your time and for all the support I’ve received from here over the years!

22 Likes

Excited to see where this goes :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Im sure someone would dab it!

2 Likes

I think there is a domain available that would be perfect to take over with this

1 Like

The way you said “premise” really grinds my gears, but I like the idea

(timestamped)

9 Likes

How about soxhlet?

4 Likes

#2 is live!! this week we do the ultrasonic assisted extraction of Egyptian Chamomile!! Chamomile is a wonderful plant to extract!! it smells just incredible; probably one of my favorite smelling extracts of all time!

ultrasonic assisted extraction is also such a good technique!! It’s a very very thorough extraction, this extraction yielded super well at roughly 17%, a large part of that is probably undesirables, but that’s okay! I’ll just have to clean it up in a future video!!

I had a lot of fun with this plant! Can’t wait to distill the crude product and pull out some chamazulene!!!

Big thanks too everyone who provided feedback and support on the first video!!! Y’all know who you are! I took the criticisms to heart in an effort to make a better video! I think I succeeded, I still have a ton more to learn and improve upon!!! I’m learning sooo much about this videography thing, I went in thinking it was just getting in front of a camera and talking, but now I realize there’s a ton more to it then just that!

Anyways appreciate the support! I had to give a shout-out to the forum in the credits!!! Thanks everyone for the support! It’s just been incredible!

Going to try to get a video out in a week or so!!

Also was able to lock down the domain
www.extractallthethings.com :slight_smile:

5 Likes