Expendables mason jars vs Pyrex dish

So what’s y’all’s cleaning procedure/if any for mason jars and Pyrex dishes. I tend to save as many Pyrex dishes as possible, I have a bucket of alcohol and just soak them in that, wipe them down with acetone and a quick heat gun to clear it over. Does anyone actually save mason jars?

3 Likes

Same process works great for mason jars. I just use two buckets, a wash and a rinse bucket.

3 Likes

Discard your tops if they have bent due to pressure.
My ultrasonic cleaner is perfect for cleaning mason jars. Buckets are the way to go for pyrex.

1 Like

Pressure Cooker for jars, Buckets for Pyrex.

I use pyrex jars

1 Like

Hey buddy, you alright? Hope you’re in a good headspace. You’ve been a little off @Rowan

3 Likes

unlike mason jars these are true 1000ml capacity

Come as a 12 pack for $66! Great deal, also straight sides and no weird logos so they look professional!

5 Likes

Also yes i am in a great mood

1 Like

Cool the lids are ptfe lined. Wonder how the seal would hold up to pressure from inside…

1 Like

Getting to 1000ml has always been my rub with the mason jars…the professionalism is a definite plus. Lead time not too bad? The struggle with finding “other jars,” has been terrible lead times that border on insane.

2 Likes

I would not use these for Jar Tek

These are for storing distillate for wholesale distribution.

3 Likes

You can get em from amazon

Used to be a two day prime item now its a third party item.

You can find non borosilicate glass straight sided jars at WB bottle tho, they have nice ones too

I just like boro cause you can heat it repeatedly without worrying that it will crack on you, im not as sure about the WB bottle glass

2 Likes

Got it. Makes more sense. I was wondering…

Ptfe lined lid would make them great for storing hte.

1 Like

Get a 30L ultra sonic cleaner from china . It can clean whole oven trays , pryex , jars, column lids , and hose anything that can fit . You can order one from china for 300-500$ best investment you will ever make . Have a clogged part of your system throw that fucker in there it will clean it like brand new

4 Likes

@Rowan how large are they? I think the point @Gumby was trying to make is it’s a lot easier to clean pans than jars, the only jars I like are 1pint wide mouth jars, but still cleaning them is a pain in the ass, and at 1$ each, someone has to clean a lot of jars to make it worth their pay…
Pyrex is definitely easier to clean!

1 Like

1000ml

Its for wholesale liters

After encountering clogged hoses, valves , and lids nothing beats taking it off the system dropping it in whole letting it run a 5 minute cycle. Come back quick spray with alcohol from a spray bottle and its cleaned like brand new no more clog . Compared to a full tear down and manually cleaning and scraping by hand which is very tedious and time consuming . This is arguably the best investment you can make for your lab . It will save you money in the long run by not having to pay employees to clean everything and you can save the alcohol winterize, and distill the crude for free liters of distillate

3 Likes

What liquid are you using in the ultrasonic cleaner?

Water w/ alconox?

I normally use iso or ethanol so everything can be reclaimed later.

1 Like

I ended up distilling my pwn alchohol for cleaning and winterizing.
I used to iso for cleaning and 190 foodgrade for winterizing.
Now iv just been making my own using cheap corn sugar recipe. Less than 100buck to make 10gal of 190?