Expanded allowed extentions for upload

Screenshot of authorized extensions below. These are the different file types we allow for upload. Let me know if I am missing anything.

4 Likes

.HEIC = iphone Photos
.ppt = Powerpoint

Why allow a proprietary format like HEIC? There are plenty of compatible image types allowed

1 Like

sometimes my stupid iphone just has photos in that format and I’m lazy to convert. Just thinking.

Webp too

1 Like

Was thinking webm and webp (open standards) but I do not believe iphone/apple has adopted them, and last I checked there is no vlc to view them offline without a 3rd party app. Same goes with any proprietary format.
I’ll add .ppt and probably a slew of openoffice extensions.

5 Likes

Remember kids. Strip the geotags from your photos before uploading.

4 Likes

bmp please! Can we do stl too?

3 Likes

Aught to add .STEP and maybe some Dassault file types while you’re at it (.sldprt etc)

3 Likes

Do this anyways to get into safe practice, but we strip metadata between the upload and publishing of the picture. Unless linked from somewhere else, you shouldn’t find any pics with exif data here.

5 Likes

+1 for STL / STEP

1 Like

Wipe all metadata at that

The site won’t let me upload a .gif for some reason, says it’s an unsupported file type. Might just be me though.

Take screenshots and crop them. Easier than majority of other methods.

BIGFOOT

1 Like

gifs work fine here. Mind uploading externally (like imgur, or similar) and linking it here for testing. That was I can download it and check it out.