Exotic Plants & Flower Pics. NO cannabis or hemp

I just noticed that butterfly!!! Such a cool color, metallic blue and black.

3 Likes

Lantana is a weed in FL. We used to pull it out of citrus trees as kids. However in the north it’s an attractive annual and very drought tolerant.

3 Likes

Theres a guy in my neighborhood that grows figs. He has 30yr old fig trees he moves around in made raised planter beds. They just sprouted figs.

6 Likes

Lantana Grows wild on the beaches here. Multi color is coolest Lantana.

3 Likes

Yellow :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

Theres a fig and wasp relationship if I recall…

We have a tree in the outer banks

It makes you wonder what that crunch is in the figs haha

3 Likes

It’s definitely a perennial/biannual in warmer climates. Especially Miss Huff and Pink Capri Lantana. The new hybrids lack the vigor though. I think they do this on purpose…

2 Likes

These must be native beach fauna. I will shoot a pic of ours all over the island manyana. The multi color huge bushes are one my wife & I’s favorites.

Some pickling cucumber and a exotic purple pepper

7 Likes

Had an even larger cluster hatch today on the same clematis. Glad I like spiders and have a particular fondness for this breed. There’s so many of them.

Not bad for a cell phone camera. Glad we live in the future.

17 Likes

Here’s my decade old fig that had to be dragged inside around noon earlier this month because we got some really late spring snow. It’s not hardy really and any sort of frost and it’ll drop all its leaves. I got lucky and there was only some light necrosis on a few leaves but it did drop its early season crop which is devastating to me. They’re so delicious and they ripen the size of clementines. I get about 20-30 to enjoy in July. Not this year. :cry: Anyway I’ll have to wait until September for the full crop.

I have a good collection now. Peach tree, fig trees, olive, cherries, plum. That’s just fruiting stuff. This is a cool thread.

Can we post houseplants?

7 Likes

I believe the only rule is no cannabis!

13 Likes

Nothing exotic, but bachelor buttons are some of my favorites

And sweet william is always pretty

10 Likes

Lots of random flowers, mostly mountain wildflowers.

Bearded Iris I think.

This one is a crabapple blossom.

Cosmos

Some sort of tree blossom in Denver.

14 Likes

There is one bee in there saying who chomped my petal?

13 Likes

9 Likes

It’s amazing how much those plants smell like tomato greens when you trim or handle them. I always hated it as a kid but love it now.

3 Likes

Cool man, this looks like Pink Capri!

2 Likes

Buena Mulatta? I have grown those. Really pretty plant when the peppers start turning

4 Likes

Yep that’s the one. Cool little purple flowers.

2 Likes