Exotic Plants & Flower Pics. NO cannabis or hemp

I harvested some waay back for a native seed company. It was fun driving around collecting seeds and getting high.

3 Likes

They are great for bringing pollinators into the garden and look so cool! My wife is super into bringing native species home. We have no shortage! The school she works at produces plants for wetland restoration and rehabbing BLM land locally.

Bet that was a fun job.

3 Likes

That’s cool they’re doing restoration work!

That company I linked to actually did work with the forest service back in the day. Apparently the fs used a bunch of saltbush for reclamation and they bought a bunch of seed from them from them.

It was definitely fun, me and my ma made good cash and drove all over southern Colorado.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Found my first pepper blossom with only 4 petals. The plant seems to throw two flowers from each joint, one with four petals and the other with 5.

The Naga Smookey Rainbow sure is a purdy plant!

And another pollinator I love (but whose bastard children I hate on my plants!).

And the peppers are coming along nicely! My sweet and sweet-hot peppers seem to be the furthest along. First superhots are my chocolate ghosts. Getting excited for my first real harvest of the season!

8 Likes

Cattleya tigrina (leopoldii) ‘San Bar Giant’ FCC/AOS
Fucking beautiful smelling flowers!

8 Likes

Buncha colors

8 Likes

Lycaste Fiorella Solares

6 Likes

Looks like my 7 Pot Primo is gonna be a heavy yeilder. Counted ten blossoms coming from that lower node, alone.

Chocolate ghosts, surprisingly, are my farthest along superhots. Lookin’ mean already!

Haven’t even started my AgTonic regimen yet. Gonna be a good season (as long as fires don’t destroy the west altogether).

6 Likes

Pepper plant taking over the cannabis. Same age. Gonna have to take it out. Who is the weed now?

8 Likes

Not my plant, but looking for some new houseplants to get, I saw half moon monstera. It’s a super neat variegation

12 Likes

Damnit! Now my wife needs one. Thanks, buddy! There goes what little money I had. Haha

4 Likes

Definitely spendy for one that is a full split like that.

I saw some for like a grand.

We’re actually going to look into some living rocks though, lithops are super neat.

3 Likes

Actual questions about this, if I buy some stuff from any online market.

Lithops and some other succulents, am I encouraging fuckers to raid the wild for em? Is there anyway to guarantee you’re not getting wild ones?

I remember reading about succulent bandits in California and it made me mad.

Does anyone know of a good reputable place to look?

I don’t wanna support it.

3 Likes

@Cloner would be your best start. I saw people in moab taking a few home as well. Questionable. But they are everywhere. Definitely not to resale.

3 Likes

As always, @Cloner is The Man!

4 Likes

That’s too funny, I actually saw their website looking before.

Unfortunately no lithops tho.

2 Likes

Closest I have is Tom’s thumb. I can order some for you if you like. All the Succulents we carry are sourced from legal commercial Central America farms. Hopefully none are illegally sourced.

4 Likes

Pretty pasture flower of some kind

4 Likes

I will probably order a few succulents off yourself site. While no lithops, I did see some neat stuff.

It looks like this site has ones they grow, I’m gonna dog though that list to see if there’s any neat ones left.

2 Likes