Examples of Why a Civil Forum is a Good Idea

I feel people keep getting slightly offended at others wanting the forum to change and grow…

There’s been a large increase in nonsensical banter and bs and I think just a higher consequence for shitposters would do wonders…

I still want to grow and learn from this forum but its discouraging most good convo goes down in the dm AND when there’s a topic here its watered down by 20 shitposts from people who don’t actually work constructivly in cannabis and people shutting down correct information because the person who said it isnt popular enough …

3 Likes

Nobody is offended. We’ve been around and around on this. People want censorship that matches their own personal ideals, no more, no less, thus impossible to please everyone.

A fully policed forum with paid moderators costs money, which means advertisement, which we won’t be doing.

15 Likes

The concept of Civility is extremely subjective.

Stay feral.

12 Likes

Wildcard! I’m a regular now lol, woot!.

If things are ever quiet on the forums, you know somethings being made. Something you’ve always suspected, but couldn’t ever prove…

It’s just happens that something is a group DM about antique toasters. And you’ve all been missing out. :frowning:

2 Likes

Edit: I know it’s off topic, but I thoroughly enjoyed this video. Sorry all.

5 Likes

I’m in favor of stricter trolling penalties…for hopefully obvious reasons…people who are here to hate will never appreciate what this place is all about…they end up obstructing the flow of knowledge amongst the community. It has a detrimental impact on the level of engagement from members with higher educations/experience levels. Consequently we are ALL neglected of vital insight into some of our most important research since the

turns people off.

Comments like this

clearly identify who the trolls are and are the very embodiment of the type of energy that should permanently silenced after 3 strikes…like wtf does this contribute to the forum?

6 Likes

A funny video because I am educationally-challenged

Ya some folks need to grow thicker skin for sure…

But the more pressing issue is not people’s feelings getting hurt…it’s THIS…

2 Likes

Ouch. Missing out on the good data these days I guess.

6 Likes

Just watch the video and laugh.

A good sense of humor has a direct correlation with intelligence

2 Likes

You are the worm to my wood

2 Likes

And obviously the community moderated approach that you chose didn’t work, mainly because you had no real rules or consequences for being off topic. If the super lax moderation schema you decided on had worked, this thread wouldn’t exist.

Now, instead of actually enforcing guidelines to discussions, you want to silence the ability of users to talk at all because the userbase failed to live up to the guidelines you didn’t enforce and the forum became a mess? Have you any experience running an online community before?

I don’t get whats so hard about break a rule more than once, you get IP banned, and your acct banned. Yes, i know VPNs are a thing. How much effort and money is the average non-contributing member going to spend on this? Plus the needed effort to build up trust levels to use the site. All the tools to have a working community are coded into discourse.

Lastly, paid moderators are not needed. 4chan’s pol board is better moderated than here according to their own rules, they have higher volume of posts per day, they ban IPs, and the team does it for free

you know who the people are that are constantly getting flagged for abusing this service. If you start banning them, most of them won’t come back

4 Likes

It takes 1 minute to download the speed test app and run their free VPN. It’s not like you need to be some leet hacker or some shit to have one…

You mean the board that’s overrun by boomers that’s turned into a trump worshipping board?

Gtfo with that example, I’ve visited pol for 15 fucking years, and that place is a dumpster fire now.

Edit: none of you that are saying the site is ruined are required to visit it. If it is that bad, don’t visit. It’s that easy.

14 Likes

if the site wasn’t having problems, discussion wouldn’t have split off to separate group dms off site

also, blocking speedtest or other free vpn ip blocks solves that issue. there are public blocklists of “bad” IPs

3 Likes

I’m aware of these lists, and I’m sure sidco is as well, they’re not going to do it, and it doesn’t seem like they’re going to anytime soon.

i dont think this is a direct result of the foum either…

I have clients that DM me every single day to discuss tech. They could discuss it here but choose to talk in DM as some dont want others knowing what they are working on. The Florida Boys have a group text thing going… i know we have a blue diamond group text going too with some members here… doesnt mean its a result of the forum… Just the people in those groups might not wanna share the sop yet because enough money hasnt been recouped yet…

Im a bit confused about the need for more moderation… Werent all you guys all about freedom of speech a month ago when you wanted to post up your political memes? where you all saying the racist stuff should stay… We should be allowed to dox people here… Now you guys are looking for Moderation and Civil behavior…

I see a lot of people lately making efforts not just to post bullshit lately. We all have a new tech to try and break and the forum has gotten quickly about some tech.

have a wonderful friday yall.

12 Likes

People have personalities and opinions. Sometimes they both suck. But that’s what makes life enjoyable, fends off stagnation. Without pissing contests we would all stay drier but it wouldn’t be fun. Don’t worry anyway, soon enough the singularity will be here, and everyone will know everything, including the blue diamond sop.

8 Likes

Add me to the smurf dimes dm.

4 Likes

Right because we haven’t tried any of that before :man_facepalming:t3:

But you spend most of your time in the EC, get regularly flagged when you do rarely post outside of it, and your behavior here is rarely conducive to our Goals as a community.

I silenced you for two weeks because

5 Likes

That guy has been acting that way since he first showed up here. Now that he desperately wants more moderation, I figured let’s start with him and see how it goes

11 Likes