Examples of Why a Civil Forum is a Good Idea

Props to @TheWillBilly for reinvigorating the forum and making us all use our big brains.

I love innovation and extraction tek seemed a bit stagnant after the crc craze if you weren’t a hemp guy.

20 Likes

I’ve been included in like 15 different large group private DM chats that strictly regulate the bullshit and banter within themselves, they are thriving. They remind of how the forum operated before it really blew up.

@sidco gonna split this into a meta tangent

@anon16547145 apologies for hijacking your post

15 Likes

@sidco those private group DMs function at a high level, but the general forum is missing out on the ability to observe those high level idea threads.

This seems to support our low level view only for the general forum idea

14 Likes

dammit, I knew you were all talking behind my back…

is it because I’m not a chemist?

50 Likes

Don’t feel bad. I haven’t been invited either apparently

28 Likes

Add me. I’ll be nice. Pinky swear.

9 Likes

So you would have to maintain your user level to post correct?

1 Like

The only constant in life is change. The wiki needs a lot of community effort and the banter and knowledge can be separated organized and something used as a resource.

3 Likes

Outside of a small open, public, general forum, yes. A low level requirement even, 1 or 2.

7 Likes

I’m all for something, I hate gatekeeping, but like the bean basement has a requirement of a grow log perhaps?

Require new members post something to get full rights to post and all that? Prove you’ve done something productive in the industry recently?

Just spit balling here.

5 Likes

This sounds like a place of dreams! How do we enter?

6 Likes

Lol we don’t that’s what makes it dreamy lol

7 Likes

To be honest, if you look at most flamewars here, they don’t involve new members. They involve certain old members who get in fights again and again and again. What would make this work is if people with too many flags get “demoted” to new member status.

22 Likes

Agreed, and to make things worse a lot of the new members get pushed away from the toxic regulars.

7 Likes

Remember the OG LLE group message?

That was years ago

1 Like

So the suggestion would be to make flag penalties more severe?

14 Likes

Damn… so all the good conversations on here go down the the DM huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Not all, but lately a lot have in order to avoid the handful of regular users that seem to have nothing better to do than derail threads

10 Likes

After thinking, it would need to be a combination. Both having an open intro and restricted main forum, combined with stricter flag penalties so that demotion actually carried a penalty

12 Likes

Damn, I hope I’m not viewed as a derailer! Sorry if I do, I don’t mean to

3 Likes