Examples of Why a Civil Forum is a Good Idea

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

posting a mugshot from a possession of Marijuana arrest in Hays County over a decade ago is pretty low man

3 Likes

It was def off topic and his maybe legit hundredth warning over multiple accounts.
I can get down with a

If someone admits their only purpose for being here is to troll someone, ban them

rule. Especially if they ever leave the garbage can where they belong.

Pretty much anything from Contradiction down is EC material.

4 Likes

How about a option to highlight posts in a thread? Idk about you guys but i havnt read thru the crc thread or any large thread unless i kept up with when it started. i skimmed thru the crc thread once upon a time to see different mixes and looked through a thousand comments for like 7 relevant posts. Im sure i missed some but would be nice if i could click “highlighted” and read the relevant information.

This way the active members can keep up with it as posts come(maybe have a requirement of 2-3 people highlighting it before it gets classified as such) and it wouldn’t rely so heavily on the admins.

Maybe a best answer option for when someone like photon comes around and shuts it down.

8 Likes

I bookmark.

13 Likes

thankfully the site/ my browser does so automatically.

you couldnt pay me to read through that 9,000 comment crc thread :sweat_smile:

The more i think of it the highlighting can be good situationally but im sure it can be more trouble than good at times too.

5 Likes

I’m with @moveweight, and I bookmark everything I find important

8 Likes

Can one make certain bookmarks, or bookmark folders public?

3 Likes

You could always use this to summarize the thread.

7 Likes

I absolutely agree with this sentiment

Same here man. I don’t pick fights with anyone like I used to when I was a hothead pre-teen through my early 20s. But that street fighting experience was invaluable for survivability in the modern world.

I treat people with respect and only come even close to considering physicality after all amicable options have been exhausted or when in self-defense/vigilance when being attacked or protecting a helpless victim

4 Likes

You can also download all your bookmarks…or maybe just your own posts…I just tried the function for the first time and it provided a link to all my data in a zip file valid for only 48 hours

5 Likes

@Rowan

I have been arrested for cannabis half a dozen times because I have consumed and worked with cannabis since I was a child.

Hence I am leader in this space.

You are a troll with no background in cannabis. You do not even smoke cannabis. You think CBD is snake oil.

Please see topic title and do something positive for the world.

10 Likes

I just read all this…

Once you get enough people doing anything, cliques form, for better or worse.

If you wanna be part of the “special” dms, bring something to the table. There’s 100 people looking to get rich for free, for every person that’s actually doing research.

You can hardly expect people to just give away the stuff they spend hundreds of hours on to the community, when so few people give back.

I spent the $$ on analytics, and 70+h per week to get the results I’m getting. I share it freely with those who give back; but cutting edge shit is pay to play at the moment. It absolutely trickles down into the free realm; but if you want to be “one of the cool kids” then ffs be cool. Not just a mooch.

16 Likes

Man I’d love to be able to communicate in private more… at the start of the pandemic, I had to take a job with a new company and I’m under NDA and I’m scared to post stuff now. For a while I was posting then deleting. I know people can still see it if they look at the edit. Just sucks because I would love to talk about this stuff but the consequences just aren’t worth it :cry:

Edit: my knowledge is more on the formulation/drug delivery side of things so I’m probably not too helpful to most on here haha but I did enjoy reading the cool stuff people are trying with LLE

6 Likes

“You’re not part of the turbo team!”

2 Likes

There are two types of people that make this forum worse and worse everyday. There are the “trolls” and people that have nothing relevant or positive to add the the forum. Than there are those that provoke and keep those “trolls” going. If you feed the trolls they will grow and stay where the food is at. If you straight up ignore them and continue to conversate about the original topic with the people that are benefiting what is being talked about the trolls will become bored and hungry and move on. We should not need a sign at the gates that says “Do not feed the trolls”. This should be assumed because we are better than that. We as a group are what this forum is and becomes. If you let yourself get the best of yourself than things go downhill. Never forget where we all came from. We are all one and the same. You may make your product one way and someone else makes it another way. Some want to do it safe and some do not care how safe there product it. We can direct those people to make a safe product but there is no need to degrade them. If they do not find the answers they are looking for here they will leave and find it somewhere else. If you go back and forth with them you are creating as much junk on this forum as they are. The only thing that will make this forum great is our brains. Even if its not exactly cannabis or chemistry related its just positive energy. At the end of the day thats what we are seeking. Positive energy one way or another, just feeling good about what we do and knowing we are helping one another. I made a post around a year ago stating this place is turning to shit. I am sad to sit here and type this a year later realizing we are not helping each other or ourselves like we did when the forum started. We all need a spoon here or there. Lets not forget there was a time where we all needed that spoon. If it steers someone in the right direction and they make a better product because of it type the few extra words that wastes you no energy and levels them up. That positive energy will be paid forward more than not. This is not a place where anyone should say “I know and you dont but you gotta work for the answer”. This is a place where we see someone asking for help and we say “hey, I see you need help, I have a few things you can do to improve what your doing”. You never know what potential relationship is waiting on the other side of someones screen name. That could be someone that might level you up more than you level them up just by word of mouth. Much love to everyone here and hopefully a year from now this forum is a much greener place. I have nothing but hope and positive vibes for everyone here new, old, rookie or veteran. Its about how you share your knowledge that matters not about how you hide it. You will never be remembered for the knowledge you never told someone.

15 Likes

Alot of slander has been on the forum lately.

Nobody’s done anything about it and that will make people take matters into there own hands. Which has made the forum look bad…which is what I have been saying to certain people.

If you have claims that are out there. Prove it.

7 Likes

Then it’s one person’s word vs another. Unless you just want a bunch of people posting dms and other private shit all over the forum.

Why does the forum have to change at all? No directed at you but why are we trying to change it

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure I get the private / Invite only forum concept. Why not just keep it to group DM?

5 Likes

All this talks about groups DM’s, and I’m sitting here all fat and lonely wondering what is REALLY is going down on this Friday evening…
Italics?

11 Likes