Ets mep thread

that would explain how i got there, for sure. Good shit @cyclopath. Now it is fully a lesson learned.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

We just started operating our ETS MEP and have run into a few issues that we can not seem to resolve. Mostly recovery time issues. Would anyone mind giving me a text / call to try and talk through some of the problems? 413 214 3032 Thank you in advance!

1 Like

I’ll give you a call in an hour. You’re probably getting the same customer service I am from ETS. We idiots who bought the MEP have to help each other out.

4 Likes

Ran some fresh froze today and i was shocked that the oil cane out dark, i cant figure out what it could be. I have a couple thoughts about it but still…at what point do you guys like to pour/collect your oil from collection pot? Im thinking i poured off to early. Any thoughts? I was running woth solvent on dry ice amd i added two more coils rigjt after the initial injection coil that comes with MEP, so i doubt it was my temp. I filled material columns just about to where the source material is fully submerged and i dont soak long as soon as i fill to top of material i dump into collection vessel with N2.i dod some trim runs before the fresh amd didnt clean the vessel prior to running the dresh, could that affect the color of output?
Edit: sorry for typos

absolutely.

if the run before was light, chances are that’s not the problem.

dark extract from fresh frozen sound like water saturated solvent (doesn’t hold a lot, but it holds some), and broken cells. Broken cells are either an indication of slow freezing, or a freeze/thaw cycle.

molsieves?

can you give me the logic behind that? how would recovering solvent vs off-gassing it in the room or oven change the color?

3 Likes

Extraction column is the same as material column correct? I’ve been running a MēP for a year now and still have so much to learn.

Hey guys,
Been running an ETS mini mep for about 10 months now. I have been mainly doing mother oils, not a lot of concentrates. I am working on getting my location to approve me doing concentrates but I have a lot of steps I need to take before I get there. Been doing a lot of research on this site and I believe my next step is to go with n2 assist, however I have never had the chance to operate with it therefore I am unsure of how I would go about this. I am working on getting approval for some classes on gas and safety. Any advice on where else I should look?

1 Like

@Krow welcome. Can you tell us what mother oils are?

2 Likes

Mother oils are more for the chill pill aspect. Though I do food or edible oil as well. All run the same. Post process is different.

Food oil, or chill pill oil, or edible oil

What do you mean by “mother oil”. Like could you define it?

Not quite in definition. The process is through the kitchen after myself. I will ask, though to be honest I believe I was wrong in my earlier post and think it is the same thing as food oil. Just what we call it here to take it to the next location. Food oil would go to candy kitchen and mother oil would go to chill pill room. Just a way to identify where is it going.

Have no idea who or why you were taught like that.

Unless you’re running your system with alcohol or another liquid at room temp solvent, that machine runs great on any hydrocarbon gasses without worry of a leak or overpressurizing the system. Made for for propane, majority of the MEP can take up to 200psi at least.

just so ya know: that which comes out of your MEP contains more (concentrated) Cannabinoids than your starting material (see mass balance for why that’s not actually true) , and is therefor all “concentrate”.

I don’t know who handed you “mother oil” as a moniker, but it is not a term used outside of the lab you’re working in (least not one I’ve run across in the 10years I’ve been playing this game)…

“mother liquor” is that from which you have crystalized…so if you’ve not made “diamonds” you’ve not made mother liquor.

3 Likes

I’m limited to my location and what they do currently. I’m only running a pump and would like to do n2 assist. They have never gone that far and I would like to get there.

you’re not ready for N2. read of it first.

then explain why you need it, and how (when) you’re planning on purging it.

use the search feature…and spend 30hrs reading. then ask questions.

eg N2 push on a ETS mini mep

2 Likes

I was basically given the position with no real training. Got the certification with 3 others and was supposed to start there a year and a half ago. Unfortunately they needed me in retail as i was Manager so I didn’t quite get the training the others did when they had people come in and train them. I was given the job 6 months ago with 1 other extractor and left shortly after I started the position. Just trying to research and learn as much as I can so I can put good clean stuff out there

I’ve been researching and watched quite a few videos. Been doing oil for a while now and it comes out clean. Just want to be able to run sub 80c. Can’t do that with hydrocarbons unless you have pressure as the boiling point for propane is sub 40c. I can run the crc at sub 40c but I seem to need to use media with more surface area running like that. Like I said im limited to my location. Its been a fight to get any classes or training done.

…and?

that doesn’t mean you get to skip the required reading. means you should have started six months ago.

why do you think you need N2?

if you can’t type the temperatures correctly (that’s -80C and -40C), and talk of “mother oil”, your “research” hasn’t been particularly well informed (Redit? Facebook?)

do you have the ability to cool your solvent and columns to -80C? why do you feel the need to go there?

it will lower your yields, increase your extraction time, and loose you more solvent.

this place is a gold mine. spend some time reading.

4 Likes

Seems the only thing wrong is my wording. Sub 80c is the same as saying -80c. We just have a different terms. Same goes for the mother oil. As I said in my earlier post, mother pil and food oil is based on where it goes next in my location. I have been researching as much as I can on here but until I do it myself thats all it is. Research. That being said what do you believe I should be doing?