ETOH Extraction Machine Recommendation

We currently use CO2 extraction machines and are now looking to purchase an ethonol extraction setup. Any recommendations? I’ve looked into Delta Separations and Capna Fabrications so far. Also, do you find you need to do any post extraction filtration before rotovaping? Thanks!

Check out ACE spinners they are Made by the best guys that worked on the ground
And provide great service

10 Likes

@cyclopath can give all details

7 Likes

Hard pass on the capna. Delta is great. So is Ace (@photon_noir), @pinnaclestainless and HZB good options as well.

All of them are GoodLifeGang.tech affiliates offering discounts greater than the cost of the membership :call_me_hand:t3:

7 Likes

No on Capna because of the price? Aren’t they the only system that’s actually rated to -80?

Ethanol extraction isn’t too complicated you could probably build your own system from brew tanks.

Price:throughput is garbage. -80c is unnecessarily cold

3 Likes

capna doesnt spin either, you would have to use a centrifuge after and the one they sell leaks from what I have heard

2 Likes

This is the reason I cut the cord on buying one for our facility. Having wet material go into the trash without an additional $25-30k centrifuge is useless.

4 Likes

What is your method of chilling the ETOH to -40C before it enters the machine? What post extraction filtering is required if you have -40C etoh (if any)?

Ace Spinner, for sure.

5 Likes

What about the per run charge with the Delta setup?