Ethanol to Pentane!

1 Like

I don’t really have any test data, but they made sauce/HTE and it was as delicious as the butane ones i’ve had.

2 Likes

Pentane dryacetone for the win :wink:

3 Likes

What order? I was thinking Dewax in acetone, Rotovap, then re-dissolve in Pentane to process further.

1 Like

Dewar in acetone
Distill solvent cold 80%
Pass treu dried epsom salt
Add pentane boil of azeotrope pentane/acetone at 32C
Have it all in pentane
Pass treu bentonite evap pentane till 5%
Oven

5 Likes

Will -40 etoh to evap to pentane than evap produce a terpy shatter the same as butane? This may be an easier route for people as alot of guys already has centrifuges or pandas and they can just run a super cold etoh > evap > pentane 8:1 > evap and oven for etoh/pentane slabs

Will this have a terp profile as good as butane?

No I don’t think so. You’re still removing ethanol on the rotovap at 38C under reduced pressure. There are azeotropes between mono terps and ethanol, such that the mono terps will boil with ethanol during your rotovap step.

4 Likes

What about methanol with the low bp as replacement for etoh to obtain high terpene profile with the pentane?

You’re asking if you can extract with methanol? Wtf?

1 Like

No im trying to keep the terpene profile intact ane avoid the azeotropes of etoh.

So heptane warm > methanol dewax warm > evap > 8:1 pentane > evap

Would this result in high grade shatter similiar to using butane? Goal is to make perfect shatter without the use of a CLS system

1 Like

Here’s the pros talking about methanol extraction

That’s what my friend did as i said above, with very good results

2 Likes

Realize that it s hard to get the noids from heptane to methanol
But easy to get them from methanol to heptane

2 Likes

We have also had better results with methanol not codistilling with terpenes but it does still happen. I have some buckets of methanol teprshine that smell fucking amazing lol. Stop smelling that, you’ll go blind

2 Likes

But i want to use heptane for initial extraction as I can do it warm and not worry about chloro.

What do you think is best route?

heptane > methanol > pentane > terpy/fire shatter?

1 Like

Thanks! Seems good, I wonder if ethanol can be somehow altered or used but avoid the azeotrope somehow…

Insane with that membrane

2 Likes

I hear nothing but that joke these days… think I have 4 or 5 DMs in my inbox with that title.

3 Likes

I feel like it might be getting to time to get another state of the membrane thread/update. Last time there was a conversation about the current market offerings here it turned into another pissing contest.

On another note, I’ve never done MeOH → pentane but I would imagine you would have to add a fairly substantial amount of water to avoid yield losses

Maybe? My only concern is whether or not the terps would be interested methanol over heptane