Ethanol Heptane Seperation

How do you mean ?

http://future4200.com/search?q=louche

WTF … Japan is hard
MCT Oil !?!? - I “need” concentrates too.
Full spectrum without THC. I will find my way.

add water to the ethanol.
cannabinoids will fall out.

heptane doesn’t pick up (much) water. will pick cannabinoids up.

cannabinoids in MCT sell well and are easy to achieve. low hanging fruit…

how is it full spectrum if you remove the THC?!?

2 Likes

If i do that (Water to Ethanol), the THC content in the curde is still above 0.3%THC
Which azetrope is stronger ? Ethanol-Water or Etanol Heptane? If i put enough water in the Ethanol and then the Heptane. Will Heptan Ethanol still make an azetrope? (Fast question… havent looked deeper into myselfe for now)
It´s our “Austrian” Full Spectrum …

I’ve not louched into Heptane, and I (now) recall that ethanol/heptane/water DO form a ternary azeotrope. see @photon_noir’s Ethanol Azeotropes - Attn: EtOH cannabis extractors!

I have watched @tweedledew’s process (into pentane). THC content would only exceed 0.3% if you actually centrifuged the ppt out. which is not the object of the game.

1 Like

Use methanol

4 Likes

Cannabinoids/etho solution
Add so much heptane that when azeotrope is boiled of what remains is a
Heptane/ cannabinoid solution
At 0.3% thc

2 Likes

For extracting or instead of heptane ?
I want to avoid methanol … its carcinogen.

How much Heptane is needed that only heptane will remain ?
Do you think it is possible with mole sieves ?
Otherwise i need a biiiig distillery.
And heptane isn´t that cheap.

Mol sieves are not an option for recovery and volume of molsieves is gona be $$$$
In solvent loss

I tought of an Cartrige like i mentioned above.
https://www.m-chemical.co.jp/en/products/departments/mcc/ifm/product/1201039_9112.html
==> Only ethanol goes trough that membrane

44.4 % ethanol needs 55.5% heptane to form the azeotrope
So everything beyond 55.5 % is left of heptane in the flask
Say 1 liter of oil is 0.3% thc in 10 liter of etho adding 25 liters of heptane will give 24 liter azeotrope etho/heptane
And 11 heptane and 1 liter oil in solution example

Extract in heptane or etho/heptane straight ???:thinking:

1 Like

Membranes are an answer but a certain volume is nesesary to make the unit work and they are $$$$

My planed Unit are 80L Centrifugal Extractor and a 120L double walled tank for cooling. (I run a few baches with the same ethanol. My raw material hasnt that much CBD) With cooled ethanol my first tests had about 62% CBD.
This will be winterised and filtered.
Now i have a 100L distillery which can handle vacuum. Now i could drive this thing 3 times or i do it with mole sieve membrane. 100L should be enough for membranes.
Much less energy and time would be needed.
But in the end i have to seperate Ethanol Heptane anyways, except I extract with ethanol heptane mixture.
Ethanol Heptane mixture would be nice. It lowers the total amount of heptane. But the heptane dissolves the waxes and winterisation isnt possible !? I am right ?

You winterize treu a membrane

1 Like

Yes with celite 545. Is it still possible with cooled ethanol/heptane ? I don´t know exactly but i think i saw a post where it is said that the fats wont get cought when dissolved in heptane?

Search bar. Reverse osmosis

2 Likes

I used heptane just fine in louching. It doesn’t like water, and when you add water to the alcohol you’re gonna get separation just fine. The ethanol loves water much more than it loves heptane.

2 Likes

This is awesome.
Which pore size do you use that only and all cannabinoids pass trough?