Ethanol Extraction White Paper

If you’re not after terps, drying hard and fast is easier than a cure, and gives cleaner crude.

Don’t want it in there?
Avoid extracting it if you can.

Yes, the point of extracting cold is to lock up the water. Removing it works too.

I’ve seen gold extract from oven dried material extracted with room temp ethanol. Vs green on (same) cured material extracted at -20.

Your mileage may vary.

2 Likes

I always Need to dry bone dry for a good de seeding run
Starting to think to dry at 120C for 3 hours
Hope al is decarboxilated in the mean time
And extract with 200 proof etho
All for Distillate
Think that iT can work with Some aditional scrubing to get to gold
Skunkpharm recomended that in the begining and think off gooing try that again
My motive beeing iT s easyier to heat with propane than to chill with diesel fuel
In the remote areas i work

2 Likes

Water content of flowers cured to smoke is ~ 12% and iT gets sucked out by etho

2 Likes

I vote propane over diesel…although I was accused of being anti-Dieselstablishment only yesterday :slight_smile:

“oven dried” was also supposed to be decarbed. not sure it was.
it was CBD, so my standby of doing a quick bioassay wasn’t an option.

1 Like

Fantastic read ^-^ probably not super helpful but on page 8… The steps skip from 6 to 8.

1 Like

thank you!

I also recommend everyone check out @Future’s General Hemp Processing Equipment Spreadsheet

Only thought I have (and I haven’t done either the math equation or a real life r&d):

If adding 4.15% h20 to EtOH to make 190 proof…wouldn’t adding cured or even fresh bio mass per a prescribed volume and weight ratio to EtOH work?
Benefit would be less time and much more terpenes…

I don’t do steam distillation for terpe capture prior to EtOH extractions BUT, I’ve been thinking about it.
—steam dist for terps
—dry/decarb biomass
—extract

I wonder what the oil quality and color or disti would be.
—obviously, this raw oil would not be used and would go directly to distillation

Only issue with that is the first time will be different from subsequent runs. And maybe it always will when using heptane denatured. I prefer pure 190proof ethanol.

1 Like

Agreed.
I was importing certified organic 190 proof ethanol from Brazil derived from organic sugar beets but the $1500 per barrel tax hurts the bottom line. The thought behind this was to be organic food grade but this is way ahead of the curve because there isn’t an open legal FDA market for food grade edibles yet.
I definitely don’t like supporting gmo corn so I haven’t bought “race fuel”
I’m gonna go with what you posted and add the water.
I think your right it would be a little tricky trying to capture water percentages of bio mass to any reliable measurement.

You said you get a better product though from OVEN BAKED decarbed biomass rather than cured??

No. I said if you don’t care about the terps… then less water means less work.

So they are equivalent if you’re heading to distillate.

1 Like

Are there actually any news about the ACE-30?
Are units already produced or are already in use?

Ace spinner? Wow! 85k? Wow!

I just got done browsing a whole array of spinners and I’m becoming suspect as to why an “Alibaba” spinner (that looks exactly like some of the companies advertising here) wont do the job? What’s the catch? What sets Delta, Ace, HZB apart from the Alibaba advertised models? Is it bc of a US Peer-Review cert of some sort?
*I have never ordered anything from Alibaba before but I have a few collogues in the industry that have had great success from ordering from them, then again they didn’t order a HUGE ass spinner either.

Centrifuges aren’t able to be flooded typically. However, now they are being advertised as being able to soak. Maybe they are modifying their existing units. I dont see a cooling jacket on them either.

Ace30, delta, hzb are all jacketed, and floodable.

Haven’t seen the engineering report on the others, but the Ace will have one shortly. None in the wild until that happens…

Edit: …and mine can’t accidentally eat the operator. Bock made that mistake. I don’t see a lid interlock on the other guys rig…do you?

1 Like

I was referencing the Chinese centrifuges. None were floodable until now. Jackets probably coming soon!

2 Likes

First Ace30 units are in the US as of yesterday. I should have access shortly. First customer install still a couple or three weeks out.

2 Likes

Are there any centrifuges compatible with liquid hydrocarbons like heptane? Is the Ace compatible?

I am not sure yet. It was not spec’d to be. Bunna, Teflon, stainless, polycarbonate.