Ethanol Extraction for Noobs

Can anyone here help me move over to Ethanol Extraction. My company was previously using coconut oil extraction and after getting hit with some depressing third party lab tests. We realize that we need to dive into the world of ethanol extraction. It seems that most recommend a rotovap, but after this I am a bit lost. When a company offers a turn key solution, what else do I need to make this machine run, a stage 2 vaccum and a diaphram pump? Please offer some advice for how I can learn the ropes, optimize my process and machinery, and bring my products up to standard.

Check this out

6 Likes

Where are you at?

Florida.

Thank you so much! I will read this all.

Curious, what ratio of biomass to coconut were you using?

The white paper is awesome, lots of good info.

Lots of different ways to do it, but extraction can be as simple as using dry ice/ethanol soaks in bubble bags and then putting through a centrifuge/spin dryer to get back most of the ethanol. Filter, then into the rotovap.

For a turn-key solution the best setup in my opinion is the CUP from Delta Separations. https://www.deltaseparations.com/extraction/

Here are some good threads if you haven’t seen them.

3 Likes

75g of 17% cbd flower in 700ml of coconut/mct mix. I assumed that I would be yielding around 12,000mg cbd with this method. But lab tests showed that I was over 50% off.

So thats 12.75g cbd and 630g coconut , that would make 1.98%(correct me if im wrong) at 100% extraction efficiency. Ive been estimating mine assuming 70% extraction, but havent had tests yet. People like it. Also do you dehydrate? I was losing 15% in moisture. And it seemed to have dramatic effect on ease of extraction cmpared to hydrous biomass. I also wonder how decarboxylation affects the extraction efficiency. Testing is needed

I do not dehydrate so I can not give info there. I definitely believe the decarboxylation will effect the extraction efficiency. We used a decarbox with a temperature thermometer and a magic butter to infuse the oil. People have been raving with feedback, but according to our first test results we were close to 57% off.

Hi buddy

If u want to purchase rotovap, chiller, diaphragm pump, spd and so on, could dm me and I will send the quotation to u.

I am China manufacturer

Very good article. I don’t think it missed anything. Thank you for the link. :v:

Hello sir,

i know CUP model of centrifuge from Delta Separations, so there is a similar centrifuge in my company.

There is latest extraction centrifuge with following specifications

1. jacketed centrifuge
  2. Floodable
  3. Control panel
  4. Drum volume is from 15L to 860L.
  5. Drum speed is from 2000rpm to 950rpm.
  6. could pull vacuum for liquid injection
  7. cold use chiller and vacuum pump with centrifuge

if you want the quotation for centrifuge, pls DM me and i will send the quotation to you immediately and do not ignore it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You already made a thread about your podcast. Please do not spam the forum. I will start flagging every single one of your posts I see advertising your podcast from here on out. If you are having trouble fostering interest, figure something else out. Spamming is not tolerated around here.

This thread died a year ago! At least put in some effort and try to make your blatant advertising relevant to a current conversation (so I can start flagging).

Edit: Changed my mind after seeing how many times you posted this in the last 13 hours. I flagged them all with the exception of your personal thread about your podcast.

2 Likes