Ethanol Crystals/THCA in 4 days

Hey everyone - had some pretty solid luck with some ethanol diamonds so I wanted to share with ya’ll :). We used cured trim < ran the product at -70C < first filtration was through a 20um paper filter < second filtration was through Celite/T41/AC I do 2 passes through the medium blend and I add it in slurries < before the rotovap I run the solution through 1um,2um,20um filters to grab all the AC < then I roto at 27.5-32C at 28.5 < pour the solution from boiling flask about an inch thick into parchment paper or pyrex dish… basically just leave the lid open on whatever you decide to pour it into < set vac oven to 95F pull vacuum to 29 and leave for about 2 hours (during these 2 hours I make sure to continuously remove the ethanol/terps that are precipitating out of solution by turning on vacuum pump) < after 2 hours around when the material starts to take a lightly viscous consistency release vacuum completely < turn the temp to 105 and leave it sit for 4 days minimum or until diamonds have formed < I left in for longer because it was apparent that the diamonds weren’t done forming. But we also took out a “slab” of the material and whipped it into a diamond batter - really that was out of impatience more than anything though :).

26 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to try this.

2 Likes

Excellent work. Show us some pictures of your work! Sounds like sugar not faceted diamonds. running cold like that you can make some great sugar out of the box w/ your cls & crc. i love sugar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nomansland I didn’t describe the diamonds - so i’m not sure how you can say what it sounds like :). But thanks for your input. I’ll take pics of the next batch.

Maybe this is why he assumes it’s a sugar consistency. Either way, very interesting, I’m looking forward to seeing the results next time!

“slab” was used for lack of better words. I’ll get some pics for you guys next week. I just poured 5-6 new batches.

3 Likes

Which brand over AC do you use? and how do you keep it stored?

Carbon chemistry - in a bag

18 Likes

do they maintain their structure in different temperatures of storage? excited to try this

1 Like

I’ll let you know after we package it

2 Likes

They maintain at room temp - refrigerated - over 100 degrees. Got a new batch im waiting on - i’ll post pics. Forming completely different than last time.

3 Likes

I went ahead and gave it a shot. Extracted -80c then filtered though ac, t5, and silica. This pic is from day 3

5 Likes

So just based on the jars I have in the oven. It’s looking like if you pour it out of the Roto when it’s viscous and pour thick - then it will take longer. We’ve had this tray in for 7.5 days

3 Likes

Did you pull a vacuum or just used the oven for heat?

no vac

Hell yeah buddy! Happy to see you’re having success!

2 Likes

Quick update for everyone - my dumbass didn’t calibrate my oven when I got it. So it said 110f but was at 82f. May want to try temps between 80-85 not upwards of 105. Will update once I pour next diamonds. Workin on shatter and carts right now so i’m a couple weeks out from that

8 Likes

Hi, You test this method with etoh-bubblehash too?
Thanks!