Ethanol Crude Winterization

Honestly have never seen a etoh separation before so maybe!

You’ll need to keep the tincture and filters -40c or lower (use the remaining dry ice) for the whole time it’s filtering. That’s looking like you’ve filtered a lot so far.

@TommyEtOH any suggestions on doing that? Trying to figure out a way to keep this funnels & tincture chilled while filtering, but have thought of anything yet…

I did a second pass with tincture at -50 and -10/-5 for the funnel and removed v little fat. Saving some tincture to do a third pass to see how much more fat is removed. Other stuff is going to scrubbing!

Yeah! How do you maintain subzero temps on your funnel and filter?

I’m probably lowering the pH of any water my 200 proof might’ve picked up, but I keep the filtering tincture as cold as I can by keeping it stocked with dry ice pellets (or broken slabs if we’re out of pellets).

thanks for the response! what do you by keeping it stocked with dry ice? are u putting the dry ice in the tincture as you filter?

also, did my first batch of scrubbing at 3%/3% cabon and bleach (t-41), but it looks hella dark still

bumping it to 10% carbon for the next batch. any tips from the pros here??

Yes. Pellets in the funnel/tincture. 3-5 finger sized pellets. I also freeze the Hochstoms with dry ice prior to filtering. They get nice and frosty, but a little slow.

this is 5/5% carbon and bleach. still pretty dark…

Green is cryo-Ethanol extraction. <-30c
Amber is after 40c carbon (Summit Carbon A)

If others can tell us where we’re going wrong, please! We beg you

What is that!? Is that tincture or decarbed crude oil?

are you doing anything special for your carbon scrub? mine is staying dark still after a second pass at 10% carbon / 5% bleach warming it for 20min at 60c

winterized tincture

I seriously hate to ask this, but is that really crude? I’d hate to find out that’s not even cannabinoids.

Is it :confused: …bought not extracted…

its staying pretty dark while scrubbing…do you think my ratio can cause it to be this dark? i did a 6:1 ratio with 190 proof ethanol. mulitple scrubs at different ratios didnt cause it to become lighter in color…

I can set you up with scrubbing that will turn all that around. DM me. Also good god get s benchtop
Filter at lest. Beaker and wrench pressurized filter for 4000$ is the best for scrubbing

Thanks Siosis, the scrub yield some pretty fire distillate

https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/7/177594cfa3ecaaa419d886248f46abfe63b00ad2.MP4

More pics soon!

2 Likes

What are you thanking me for? I’m lost lol

sorry haha. i dont know. just happy that i was able to get some ‘clear’ distillate! I’ll post a pic of how it looks in a mason jar:)

Hey, @coppertop. I just joined but don’t have the ability to send direct messages yet. I was wondering about your results on this remediation technique you were planning
late last yearm can you message me?
Thank you!

@THC_trismegistus nice name handle :wink: