Essential oils linked to seizures

Does this mean I can start a class action suit against all the terpene mfgs and MLM’s selling these dangerous compounds?

2 Likes

Interesting. I make topicals with camphor regularly and use a 3m organic vapor cartridge mask and goggles that stuff can be pretty overwhelming if you don’t wear proper gear

5 Likes

Considering it’s a recent discovery you’d think there’d be some leniency. Why jump to a class action lawsuit instead of informing the companies/having them put on a warning label?

We all learn new things everyday to hurt someone’s buisness for a money grab is more shady of an act than unknowingly selling it… Now if they continued after being informed…

2 Likes

Would like to see more study’s on this with larger patient groups

could this by why people have had seizures after hitting black market cartridges?

2 Likes

Well this is why we don’t huff camphor and eucalyptus essential oil in vape pens. Cannabis terpenes and terpenes meant to replicate strains only contain about 0.1% of camphor and eucalyptol. I’ve never seen either exist anywhere even remotely close to 1% in anything (cannabis/hemp or non).

Then you’re using about 5% total terpenes which means you’d be exposed to like 0.0002g of these two compounds in a full cartridge. The cases studied here were straight up eucalyptus and camphor oils (which are about 70%, or 700x more) being directly inhaled, ingested, or applied right onto your skin. So yes essential oils can be bad but this is not anything remotely similar to what anyone here uses.

Products like Vicks and a lot of those cold and cough suppression products use eucalyptus, camphor, etc and are perfectly fine. The people in this study are just overdosing on essential oils so yeah this is to be expected

5 Likes

I feel shady companies like true terpenes got some karma coming from the clear cut bullshit

2 Likes

Yea thats understandable all terpene manufactures on the other hand…

1 Like

Seizure free or nah?

4 Likes