Entry Level Lab and Packager Positions

Looking for an entry level Lab Tech or Packager, positions are in Lansing, Michigan. Candidates must have at least 2 years as an active licensed caregiver in Michigan. We are finalizing the licensing process and are looking to line up new employees as soon as possible.

Some level of chemistry or extraction experience is required for applicants interested in the Lab Tech position.

Ideal candidates are looking to move into the recreational/medical market with a company that has lots of room to grow. We always provide our employees with the opportunity to move up in the company first, and promote from within whenever possible. So, a packager with adequate knowledge, and the right attitude can move up into the lab.

Pay is competitive and based on experience, but, these are entry level positions, and applicants should keep this in mind.

Send me a DM with any questions regarding the positions, thanks.

1 Like

Why must they have 2 years experience as a licensed caregiver? Are you using them to get the license ?

1 Like

We already have the license, we’re working with the regulators to help the state integrate caregivers into the industry.

2 Likes

You don’t need a caregiver license to work for a licensed facility, but you do have to give up your caregiver license. I’d be curious why the 2 years caregiver is a requirement…

To my knowledge, it has to do with how they updated some of the regulations most recently. I was told there’s some pushback from caregivers that are realizing their gig is almost up. So the state is trying to integrate them, and I think the 2 year thing has to do with who gets first swing at the jobs.

Probably political crap because we’re a Colorado based company. :man_shrugging:

We’ve been operating in Michigan since last year (and are a pretty big licensed operation) and there’s no restrictions or enforcement on whom we can hire (so long as they pass a background check). If they are a caregiver, of any experience, they have to give up their caregiver license. Beyond that, I don’t believe there is any regulation that forces a licensed operator to hire 2 year+ caregivers.

Now, I do know that in order to actually get your license you do need to have someone on staff/employed that has been a 2 year+ caregiver in the state of Michigan. As you mentioned you already have your license though.

I work closely with a couple MSO’s and they hire whomever they want as well, at least that’s been my experience so far over the past year talking with them and various members of their staff. But, I don’t work in HR so, who knows :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Yeah, not really my department. I was just asked to make an ad here, lol.

1 Like

For sure, just trying to make sure anyone who might be interested shouldn’t shy away because they don’t have 2 years of caregiver experience!

2 Likes

we are licensed in MI and like Zoraku said they just have to pass a background check.

1 Like

Who is responsible for the background check and who looks at the application of said background check? Also what would disqualify a passed background check?

1 Like

I’m in no way in charge of the interview process, I just review applications and interview applicants. I’m under the impression the company does the background check and views it. If I remember correctly, the disqualification charges include anything theft related or felony drug charges.

The state of Michigan is going to have to issue a whole lot more licenses before most good caregivers will feel enough of a pinch to want a $15/hr job.

Not necessarily true, especially in times like this. There’s lots of people that had licenses and aren’t using them currently. As far as I know, the requirement is only that the person had an active license for 2 years. Not that it’s currently active and in use.

The opportunity to start at 15 an hour (This isn’t a reflection of the actual pay, not my department to decide) and move your way into a better position can be appealing to the right person. Michigan will end up in a very similar position to all the other recreational states, very high supply, and fluctuating demand. It’s a process most companies are familiar with.

There’s going to be a ton of great opportunities for experienced people to move into the white market, I genuinely believe this is one of them. I wouldn’t have stayed with this company this long if I wasn’t being treated well. Whatever my opinion is worth on the matter, anyhow.

2 Likes

It’s the responsibility of the employer and the information can be, and is, audited by the state during inspections. I believe there are certain criminal charges that may disqualify someone but I don’t know the specifics. I have a lot of interaction with the MRA, but not on the employment side of things.

They are very quickly phasing out caregiver product from the legal market. It’s no longer allowed in the Adult Use (recreational market) and there are already phases in place to remove it from the medical legal market as well.

Obviously there is still going to be a black market, and there will be a few good caregivers out there that will have a sustainable black market purchaser base - but I do think it will become increasingly more difficult as the market matures to compete with the legal market. Especially as legal market prices start to decrease over the next couple years.

1 Like