Eleva8ed Equipment Membrane Skids (winterization, terpene seperation, and solvent recover) Hydrocarbon membranes available

I guess what ever the local fire marshal says is ok, is OK.
Usually USDA reps, require processing of food products
to be inside buildings?
Very interesting technology.
Nice looking unit and shop.
Looking forward to the demo video.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIencWfD9Io/?igshid=131fr2maswp3w

Here’s a video of the color remediation membrane dewaxing and stripping color incase you’re interested

Warm ethanol extract

3 Likes

Agreed. There is absolutely no reason to have an actual C1D1 VFD, that’s for things like oil rigs where it’s not possible to service the system otherwise. The VFD should be outside the classified area, just like the drives for the ventilation system would be

4 Likes

say your VFD is out side the C1D1 room…
but plug and receptacle are inside.
the compliant plug and wall mount “explosion proof”
receptacle (Killark manufact. for instance) for 480 3 ph
is still going to set you back about 2k. Plus has to be
installed by certified electrician…even hard wired you need
special rated conduit and a special fire blocking “foam material”
inside the conduit. the unit shown is on wheels, so I assume you want to plug and unplug it on inside.???

50 A 3ph Killark plugs and receptacles are usually about $1k each.
plus the same rated conduit from where your 3 ph enters building to the receptacle needs to be installed. If you can run it out side…all the better.
As a manufacturer you need some liability engineering in place, and something like a Factory Mutual rating …anything that is using electricity
to pump Hexane at 500 psi ??? think about it. Of course an air drive
SS diaphram or Haskel pump might be better suited. Class 1 div 1 has a numberof caveats…like “storage facility” vs “dispensing facility”…
If you are doing it youself on the “farm” well that is one thing, if you
have employees and OSHA requirements and insurance for workers
we have a different situation. If you are designing a “portable roll around unit” to be sold for profit for industrial 24/7 use…you have to plan for the electrical motor to undergo catastrophic failure …and “fail safe.”
My point was King Kush has a nice looking unit…but nothing
concerning the electrical requirements that run those motors
is shown…and I was suggesting he might have to up the price a bit
when he meets all regulations …
Keep in mind when pumping “volatile hydrocarbon” in the work place, the concepts:
“explosion proof” and “fail safe”.

3 Likes

…why TF would you not hard wire.

Frankly, your complaints sound like they’re coming for someone that’s never done an installation in a classified environment.

12 Likes

We’re going to be doing a hard lined junction box in the back that you’ll hardwire in to the facility so all of these concerns will be addressed

The x-proof vfd was about 25x the cost of the vfd we have on the stand

The Larson controller controls everything you need directly inside the VFD so there’s really no need

5 Likes

It sounds as though @moronnabis is merely pointing out this this equipment isn’t inherently C1D1 but can be operated in a C1D1 environment with the proper installation and procedures, which is an important distinction in my opinion.

11 Likes

This is true of the vast majority of stuff that goes into C1D1 spaces. Building electrical shit that can operate safely in a flammable gas environment is HARD and thus $$$$$.

The cheapest way to do it is to shift as much as possible outside the classified space or figure out a way to make spaces within that space unclassified.

9 Likes

The only thing that isn’t c1d1 on this machine is the vfd because the c1d1 was 25x the cost (and the heater chiller)

The motor is rated c1d1, so is the pump head, and even the heat exchanger is (no idea how you get a plate heat exchanger c1d1 alfa lavel said it is though when we bought it lol)

1 Like

So how long do you figure it’s gonna take you to train people in the use of the skid? I mean do you have to adjust cross flow, and things like during operation, or is it kind of set and forget kind of thing? You already told us the shut down procedure, and how you clean the membranes before shut down. But how many different processes like need to be learned, or taught to whomever purchases 1?

1 Like

Why the a before the 8 (ate sound) idk I’m stoned.

2 Likes

A single day of training will be enough to fully train you on the system, the main thing ppl screw up on is the shut down and cleaning process

You want to clean the membranes with hot solvent before shut down and leave them on clean solvent, I havent seen any other manufacturers even mention this which blows me and my partners minds

We feel there’s alot of misconceptions about this technology in the industry…

This isnt just a roto vap where you can take it apart and clean it, if you foul the membranes you have to replace them

There is a learning curve I felt like with using these machines but as long as you do proper maintenance and proper pre filtration you shouldn’t have a problem

We’ve literally designed our system so you can use the bypass valve to heat up solvent for cleaning, no one else has integrated something like this ( hell, most don’t even have a cooling system)

2 Likes

Our system are also designed to use the maximum cross flow rate for the size of membranes each system has. Our 60 gph has 10 gpm cross flow, i honestly think my 60 gph skid might do 300 gph +xD

I got 1 liter per minute solvent recovery off a 1812, my system has 56x the surface area

So if I get 56 liters a minute…

Yea

3 Likes

That’s not bad at all! 1 day of training is pretty short… I’m impressed with the looks, and of course you already know how I feel about the SS housing instead of the those fiberglass housings. The hard plumbing looks amazing (like you said in your video), and I’m really impressed that you can setup for the three processes in 1 skid. I really think this might go somewhere!
Good job Dude! I know you’ve been working on it while, and I have to say that I am impressed!

4 Likes

Thanks man! That means a lot…

I’m honestly really impressed with the plumbing too, like Joel is a beast but that still blew me away

I didn’t even catch the check valves till he showed me and I was like dam he thought of everything

4 Likes

You’re going to be offering something that can do 3 fucking things instead of just setup 1 way for about the same price, or lower than ethos. I think you’ll do good once you get your demo and people see everything you can do with your skid. They’re going to want 1 over what’s currently available, at least I would want 1 over what’s out there!

2 Likes

When ppl see me screw press wet hemp and extract it then membrane it into light yellow crude there gonna loose there shit

Wet extraction and cbd a are why I pursued this

And terpene seperation xD

That’s really why I want to do live in person demos

Youre gonna have to see this to believe it…

12 Likes

That looks pretty amazing. Considerably better than the skid I ran for a while. Couldn’t get more than 25LPH on a 24//40. Could be interested in a newer better cheaper version lol.

Is your dewax the same speed as your desolvating?

How much does it cost for a full membrane change when they’re spent for alkanes & alcohols?

4 Likes

Eleva8ed Equipment will be tied in with Eleva8ed Extracts as all the equipment im building will be put to use in Oregon at a full GMP facility im planning on building

Hoping to get up to Oregon by the end of the year because there’s so much biomass there

We’re going to build a 10000 gph 4 stage skid and start tolling on a large scale with screw presses

The a is just a substitute for the delta sign before the 8 in my logo

4 Likes

Wasn’t that the evonik 2540 that was set in methanol then ran like shit in ethanol?

Off a test 1812 I got 1 liter per minute of solvent seperation, it’s not totally fair to use an 1812 as a bench mark for large scale membranes though you should use a 2540 atleast according to joel (this is why I havent really mentioned this till now, next week I’m going to run this beast on live and show flow rates)

Both stages pump at same rate, the winterization stage has higher permeation though as it’s a looser membrane then the solvent recovery one

Hydrocarbon membranes are about 60% more in cost, a set of alcohol membranes for 1 stage on this costs about 2500 to replace

Hydrocarbon would be closer to 4k

3 Likes