EHO Color Remediation

Yep iT s called a time of flight test
IT expensive and takes a lot of work

2 Likes

If you could isolate them it would be easy. They aren’t present in very high amounts unfortunately.

1 Like

20% t5 of the est oil weight?

1 Like

Honestly I have just been using enough to make a nice 1/4 inch filter. I use a 18.5cm buchner funnel, and normally about 150g of T-5. If I use too little the filter is more prone to breaking off when I am pouring more ethanol through, I have found.

I normally do 1400g washes, so if I expect 10% yield i am actually using closer to 100% The expected oil. I think that 1 150g t-5 filter could handle a bit more throughput, but I dont feel like I am wasting it.

Gotcha a went with a pressure filter with a spool but same concept correct?

What exactly do you mean by spool? If its just a container with a filter inside, should do the trick. Are you doing cold ethanol extractions? I have found that filtering immediately after the cold extraction while the ethanol is still cold yields the best results. Something related to adsorption being more energetically favorable at lower temperatures.

1 Like

Like a metal cylinder with the media inside positive plus negative pressure

1 Like

Sounds great!

Thats an interesting hypothesis, and it could be tested by putting ethanol under high pressure, similar to a CO2 extraction and see if less cholophyll gets extracted
However, I think a simpler answer could also be true… The simple and almost universally true heuristic on solubility is that it decreases with temp. So, at lower temp chlorophyl and other crap is less soluble. So you get less. You also get less cannabinoids.
Another potential factor could be pigments including chlorophyl have a bigger decrease in solubility with temperature drop than cannabinoids.

Also, the idea that polarity decreases with temp is completely false, polarity is a function of the atoms and their arrangement in a molecule. Ethanol acting different at different temps is not because of a polarity change

2 Likes

what do you mean the water remains occupied? Its frozen somewhere?

What type of column do you have ? How do you pack it and with what?

How’s that working for you? What’s in it?

Yust a 250 liter tank then a 12” spool with 2 filterplates then a 1 micron cartridge filter by pall and then an other cartridge filter by pall
For now only b80 and silica60 i have ni greens at the moment if i would A-C
All by positieve pressure 60psi

1 Like

ahhhh so that’s what pall was pushing… hard to get any info

My filter I built w a 8in spool sucked my sinter dice to the bottom broke it

:cry:. Tough luck

It’s frozen in the biomass.

1 Like

Yeah, anthocyanin and chlorophyll turning red due to oxidation is what I’ve read and been told. And as you mentioned it definitely is more of it in older material. Along with sugars. I pretty much have had old trim to work with these last couple of months and it’s been hell on me and my equipment. I used 100g bento for a 5 gal run normally, but now not even 200g per 5 gal has removed all the water solubles, also things keep getting past/ through my smallest filter which is 2-3 micron (even with celite 545). I’m gonna do the spool and use a 0.5 micron sock as the last filter step. Keep getting burnt material after decarbing. I’ve just got alumina and silica 60, so hopefully the alumina will remove the red. But from now on I’m gonna try only working with fresh material, vac sealed and frozen.

5 Likes

First 3 years the freshest i worked with was 3 years old dank ammonia smelling crap😆
Good for learning thou

3 Likes

So I found out something yesterday about the red color. Seems that it is the gums responsible for it. I’m getting the degumming clay to add to the hot scrub. I’ll know the results in a week or two.

@Roguelab
Damn, man. Yeah, you got to learn somehow, but now you are on this forum teaching others.:sunglasses:

4 Likes