EHO Color Remediation

Not sure what the difference would be!

I really just need to buy some small scale gear and waste 100g seeing what the best method is

1 Like

This guy keeps telling me he’s going to bring all this trim and a large pickle jar he’s converted into a vacuum chamber for me to play with, but as of yet he keeps cancelling.

I’m chomping at the bit to try this, but I do still need to at least buy some magisil and activated alumina.

1 Like

Are you guys trying to make water clear distillate.

1 Like

I’m personally aiming for close to water clear crude. I’m not overly fond of the distillation concept due to price point, yield information I’ve heard, and the learning curve.

9 Likes

I’m banging out some pretty high grade distillate, but for me the color remediation is just a marketing thing. Hard to change the public’s mind when they’ve got a hard-on for bright colors.

I mean look at every oil we cook with… trust me, none of the oils you eat actually look like that coming out of the plant. Oils are bleached primarily for presentability so we’re just victims of bright and shiny=better.

I’m a little more of a fan of fuller spectrum extract (sans bittering agents) just because it’s a great plant!

My end goal is probably ethanol crystallization and turpene re-introduction into some kinda fancy sauce, as well as continue my line of ancillary products (tinctures/pills/creams/etc.)

16 Likes

same…plus who knows what is happening in those boiling flasks: THC Imposters (Isomers)

6 Likes

A friend of mine has been making clear distillate in norcal for awhile.
Ill see if he wants to share his scrubbing methods

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/honeypit_/

He is doing clear distillate and said to have the oxidation figured out

3 Likes

Good looking stuff. I’ll upload some before and after pictures of my carbon/bentonite/silica scrub of some 4x winterized crude I’m working with. The only problem I’ve had is taking out the reds, seems everything else has color wise has been almost entirely removed.

1 Like

I heard carbon turns it orange and grabs thca
Maybe aa will help

2 Likes

Have you tried Activated Alumina? I think @Dred_pirate mentioned he noticed some red being captured by the Alumina in his inline filter

1 Like

Carbon likely doesnt cause any colors to change, it probably just isnt effective at picking up the orange colors.

Keep hearing that thca binds to carbon too but as of yet have not seen any evidence to point to that.

Ok, how bout grabbing thc or thca?

Probably will grab thca.

1 Like

Just want to be sure everyone in this thread is aware of the Pepsi challenge thread started by Renchi.

5 Likes

Currently filtering some of my junk jar which consists of fats from winterization and 99% iso used to clean flasks and jars and the like. I’m a man who likes to pinch pennies, what can I say.

Seeing some interesting stuff here when running it through the filter cake left over in my buchner from scrubbing my etoh crude solution. The clarity is incredible, but things are slow going. Filter cake was frozen over dry ice and the junk jar contents were as well.

2 Likes

Well oops on my part for not seeing this thread before I started my own. I would have posted here had I know. I’m guessing they probably will get merged by the mods. The aim is the same for both threads, so it stands to reason a merger.

@sidco

1 Like

I’m gonna do two scrubs this week to test (since I don’t have an inline filter at the moment)

Going to use -18c etoh for the extraction batches and do a fast soak/shake (cuz I got a regular freezer)

Going to get it to winterizing concentration, then do a scrub with alumina, acid bentonite, and a tiny bit of carbon (since there’s likely a bit of chlorophyll in there).

Going to try one batch at a +40c scrub

Then another batch at -18c scrub

I’ll check the differences and post some pics so we can get some temperature variables isolated.

Just a start!

6 Likes

Send through celite first and last

6 Likes