Efficiency in CBD to THC conversion?

Not only that, but I also prepared my own activated carbon and experimented with different mixing ratios. My take would be a little less temperature and more time. I roughly used the same SOP used in the isomerization thread, using a slightly different setup and mixing rates.

2 Likes

Ha you are mixing acidified clay and activated carbon together.
What are you trying to achieve this way ? A specific profile in your product ?
Do you find this advantageous over using only one of these two?

There are people combining clay with other catalysts, but in general it is more about exploiting the large specific surface area of the clay, by precipitating or grafting another catalysts on their surface.
But do you use purified clays ? Or natural bentonite ? Depending on the type, you can have little presence of other catalysts in there.

Yes indeed, if you go on or longer time, you should also get the CBD to disappear as well.

I saw the results and uses for T-41 in the forum and wanted to test it out, but since it’s pretty expensive to get with the international shipping and all I tried to make it myself using 90% bentonite 10% AC. What I wanted to achieve was a better conversion rate than with sulfuric acid, as mentioned in the initial post. After rummaging through different threads here I decided to try out the mixture mentioned above, and if possible to iso to d9 instead of d8.
After a few test I figured that only using AC or 50/50 AC/bentonite did not work that well, since my AC was also acidified and reacted a little too strongly. The final mix is, imo, less reactive and the final product also had better results.
I used 100% natural bentonite, washed it and acidified it.

2 Likes

What did you use to acidify it?