Edwards 30 help

I can tell you right now looking at one of my 18s it has a very similar capacitor.

I just crated one up to ship it ā€¦

or Iā€™d open it for you in a heartbeat.

1 Like

hahaha figures!

Iā€™m just waiting for Edwards to open and hopefully they can help quickly. Iā€™m just hoping that the whole unit isnā€™t shot and itā€™s a simple capacitor issue. By the looks of the one thatā€™s blown it has to be the problemā€¦

new tube of magic smoke, and youā€™ll be off to the racesā€¦

3 Likes

hahaha exactly!

Well apparently Edwards doesnā€™t know what the part is I need as well. I got a hold of an older model with a UK motor so they said as far as theyā€™re concerned Iā€™d need to just purchase a new motorā€¦bleh

Not dead in the waterā€¦

You are merely incapacitated :rofl:

Getting the right size is not as important as getting one that is big enough. youā€™re dealing with a start & a run capacitor. Iā€™ve not looked at the problem in like 10yrs, so Iā€™d be guessing if I told you which was bigger (start?).

Talk to a local AC (as opposed to DC) motor repair. They can make an educated guess I believe.

I donā€™t believe youā€™re risking much beyond the price of the capacitor if you size it wrong.

ymmv

7 Likes

I just actually talked to someone with the same year and model! Thank goodness because Iā€™m not sure how I would have figure it out otherwise.

It looks like its a 120uF motor start capacitor 260v. I found one on ebay thats a 150uf motor start capacitor 260v. Iā€™m thinking the extra capacitance isnā€™t much of a big deal for the intended use, but I canā€™t for the life of me figure out if itā€™s a 4 pole capacitor lol. I think Iā€™m just going to buy it anyway and see what happens.

Hereā€™s a link (no one buy it, itā€™s the last one hahahaha) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/271997158528

incapacitated :rofl::sweat_smile::joy::upside_down_face:

now I get it! :laughing:

1 Like

I opened mine and this is what I seen. Maybe itā€™ll help

2 Likes

Thanks @LiquidLotusExtracts!

I think my problem is I got an older version thatā€™s why nothing is matching up with all you guys with the fancy new toys. Those internals are sexy af, mine is just a big mess of wires and capacitors lol

Sorry I couldnā€™t help much.
Check out ideal vacuum , that have Edwards motors for 525. Just replace it if it gets to be a pain.

3 Likes

Just wanted to update you guys that tried to help out. It turns out the motor is seized. Packing it back up and returning to sender.

Luckily I found a guy locally whoā€™s got a freshly rebuilt one for about $1800 so I think Iā€™m just going to go with that.

Thanks guys for trying to get this big ol paperweight up and running lol

2 Likes

I have an e2m 18 paired with a 63 diffstack I would let go for around the same price if your interestedā€¦ was going to formally list them soon but havenā€™t got around to it yet

1 Like

Thanks @sonomasep but I just got back from picking up a freshly rebuilt Edwards 30 - and it runs amazing!

4 Likes

awesome! yeah I used to run dual 30ā€™s till I found deeper vacuum with a 18 paired to diffusion :wink: def depends on yer rig tho :love_you_gesture:

1 Like