Edible temperature

You couldn’t be more wrong and in left field.

Batch size has NOTHING to do with potency.

2 Likes

I’m going to agree with fickle and disagree with you here.

2 Likes

Its how I did it at least. I saw people using 7g to make butter and smaller amounts to make like a sticks worth or a cups worth Instead of like 90-120 cereal bars worth

Generally speaking, the exact opposite is true. One typically has greater control over smaller batches. Greater control leads to less variables having a chance to throw everything off. This is why scaling isn’t always easy. Processes need to be adjusted as they are scaled (again, only speaking in generalizations with knowledge that there are certainly exceptions).

1 Like

For my gummies its easier to make them 600 per batch as opposed to the 150-300 per batch I used to do. The cereal bars 15 per batch is perfect. I explained my process for cereal bars above so premixing butter is not what I do. I just dump in the 8.7g I use into the butter when its melting in the pan. 4.5 tablespoons butter

For gummies I dump the distillate into the gummy mixture 30 minutes before I pull off the heat

If you have coas of starting materials and can account for losses its pretty easy to make it in a batch even at scale. Agreed more of one ingredient isn’t the answer. I look at infusions one step at a time. Make the starting materials first. (Flower or concentrates) then have it tested. Math skills are then employed to infuse your carrier. Test if necessary. Then infuse carrier into edible mixture.
As for actual ingredients…one needs to know and really understand what the end user is looking for. Just a buzz or pain relief or dick hardening whatever…

1 Like

Anyone had that effect from edibles?!? If anything I get the opposite reaction. :joy:

3 Likes

All of this is specifics of your batch size again nothing to do with potency. You’re missing the point

1 Like

I was just being a jerk. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes

Also @Miles-Beyond agreed with that. In my experience for baked good I like butter, but for long term I’ve heard mct or coconut oil is better at least for long long term storage

1 Like

Thats how I nailed even potency, before that each batch had different flavor of distillate per gummy now its even everytime. Might be how much I tweaked the recipe as well but both play a role.

I had more issues on smaller batches at least with gummies

I usually never make infused carrier until I’m ready to make the batch. I’m weird about edibles. Wouldn’t be able to sleep knowing I made someone sick or worse.
Smoking something that we all enjoy is one thing, but eating something that could give you botulism or whatever is something entirely different.
With anything being careful is key.

2 Likes

That’s what I do

I wait until I’m making them to infuse but I do my math beforehand

1 Like

Really only make gummies and cereal bars now

Too much time and effort to make bulk brownies and cookies

Iv burnt up all (most) of the cannabinoids in my canna butter before, making Carmel.

2 Likes

Lately we’ve been making cereal cookie crisps with D8. Either with milk or dry. They can get ya.

1 Like

There are no flavors of distillate. It, by definition, is without flavor (most terps). Devolitilization is one of the first steps in making it.

Also, best for storage is without being mixed with a carrier, imho. Use (infuse) as needed.

2 Likes

Rip

How was it though?

1 Like

Disappointed folks, I have to say.

But some damn fine candy.

1 Like