Edible temperature

Iv burnt up all (most) of the cannabinoids in my canna butter before, making Carmel.

2 Likes

Lately we’ve been making cereal cookie crisps with D8. Either with milk or dry. They can get ya.

1 Like

There are no flavors of distillate. It, by definition, is without flavor (most terps). Devolitilization is one of the first steps in making it.

Also, best for storage is without being mixed with a carrier, imho. Use (infuse) as needed.

2 Likes

Rip

How was it though?

1 Like

Disappointed folks, I have to say.

But some damn fine candy.

1 Like

That’s why ethanol is a superior carrier (at least for caramels). Added near the end of the process, it has given me great results!

1 Like

Yeah, iv learned to add the goodies at the end of that recipe.

Much better SOP.

4 Likes

absolutely depends on what you’re making…

gummies, vs caramels vs d8 sprayed cereal.

what are YOU trying to achieve?

3 Likes

D8 sprayed cereal

1 Like

Get a Wagner sprayer and some etoh. Thin it down and coat that shit. Put in a vac oven and pull the etoh off

1 Like

Since the last time I went to get my hair cut, the lady cutting my hair was using a small handheld water sprayer. It’s just an aluminum or metal cannister that has a pump attachment on it. She fills with water and pumps it up and it’s a super fine mist that comes out. She then tried her best to help my curly mop.
Something like this would work for small batch spraying. Etoh works in it just fine since most hair products have either isopropyl or etoh along with oils in them anyway.
Maybe this could help you?

1 Like

Here’s my idea for full spec infused edibles… add a small portion of an infused oil to the cooking oil. The infused oil is prepared to a high potency, easily to 10% and beyond, and decarboxylated under conditions that minimize degradation. Then you’re adding as little as 0.5mL of an infused oil to your edible for 50mg cannabinoids. Taste will be there but also accurate to the starting flower (maybe some issues could arise for high temp candy processes, I don’t know).

1 Like

Wow.

I underestimated that lmao I didn’t actually expect someone to say that

Just infuse edibles man

I wanna use my own hash rosin to make some specific edibles

Probably donuts

Yeah that’s how they spray hemp flower. A guy I know does 50lbs at a clip with a Wagner and thinned d8. Yuck.
He slangs the shit by the minute.
Again…yuck

2 Likes

Gummies and cookies. For the gummies I’ll be using infused oil, and for cookies it be butter. I’ve wondered if it makes sense to make a 1 to 1 oil to disty ratio and use that for gummies, if the recipe called for more oil id simply just add non infused oil. Same for the butter.

Ew

The fact it sells is worse

Have you read the major gummy threads around here?

Or stumbled across Gummy thread (this isn’t it! links inside) ?

3 Likes

I agree with this. Read a lot of new information here too. Thanks everyone.