Eating terpenes

What does everyone think on eating terpenes, just plant based/Cannabis based that are infused into edibles. As well as ones that have been decarbed along with oil that are then infused into edibles.

In my personal opinion the less an edible tastes like the raw material the better. I’d rather eat a medicated cookie that tasted like a regular cookie. Now vaping or smoking is a different story.

I make my own edibles from THC distillate cut at 10% with cannabis terps, super easy to measure doses, I use a needle shot into cookie balls. Saves me from worrying about homogenization, and it’s significantly less messy in my opinion.

Using hash without terps just makes me high for about an hour when it hits, then I’m couch locked. Using stuff with high pinene and limonene terps allows me to stay awake and lucid, but, I’m pretty stoned and any pain or anxious feelings are eliminated. Using high myrcene and linalool distillate puts me straight to sleep as soon as it hits. (~40 minutes for me, I’m 5’10" and 140lbs, high metabolism)

I should note I dose my cookies at 60 ml or ~50 mg delta-9 THC. Anecdotal evidence apparently isn’t evidence, but, these results are repeatable with my biology, as well as my lady’s.

11 Likes