Dry Live Resin

Lately our live resin has been coming out dry and crumbly. We’ve done things to try and stop this from happening such as blasting with nearly 100% propane and every other ratio you can think of, long soaks (about 12 minutes), turning the collection pot temp down and turning down our hotplate temp when whipping. I’ve made live resin in the past that would soak through the paper and maintain its “badder” consistency until packaging, this stuff dries out in 5 minutes. We run a full size MEP. What gives? Is it our material?

Is it drying out after your pour or is it dry and crumbly in your collection pot when you first open it?

After we pour then whip. I leave gas in it to pour out. I don’t pull into vacuum on the machine. I can’t believe I didn’t include pics, I should kick my own ass.

do you have a jacketed column or nah?

Yep. They are jacketed on the ETS. Not as cold as I’d like but still below freezing.

Have to tried to stall the column for a few hours? I used to stall mine 3 hours always had terpy runs

Like a 3 hour soak? Cant say that I’ve tried that.

yea i had my columns in a continuous cycle 3 hour stall start the next one on the top of the next hour. gives you an hour to recover and reset/reload… worked awesome with 3 jacketed columns. Each unit has its own methods though thats forsure gotta find the sweet spots

Have you tried the jar tech with this material?

1 Like

I have not. Would you be so kind to enlighten me on the tech?

Read through this thread.

Ah yes, I am quite familiar with that thread. I have tried that with this material. I don’t always get a good terpene layer. Depends on the material. I was more looking to keep it a buttery consistency.

When you whip this are you heating it? I would leave this in a jar with some Solvent letting it evaporate slowly(burp every 2hrs).

Yea. We put it in like a 12" x 9" casserole dish and whip it over light heat. Light enough you can put your bare hand on the hotplate and can leave it there for over 10 seconds. Probably like right around are 100f. I have tried to whip it and seal it up to help “lock in” terps but still dries out.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be heating it. Try a cold whip in a jar.

1 Like

I can give it a shot. It typically get really sticky and becomes difficult to whip without a light heat applied.

Try waiting to whip or agitate until you see some crystalizing starting to happen

Yes. This is kinda the train of thought I was on. Half ass make crystals, then homogenize it up. The residuals in my state are 500ppm, so still gotta get it under that.

1 Like

Are you selling this?

Welcome. 1st post and trying to buy finished product from a year old thread? Seems legit

7 Likes