Dry ice slurry

Denatured alcohol works great to and is cheap. And acetone is rough on gaskets ruins them unless ptfe

1 Like

Will it do really cold ethanol? It’s not that thick like thin syrup

Considering those pumps are magnetically coupled, thicker fluid will probably slow down the impeller.

They aren’t meant to handle much if a load

2 Likes

Sleeves > jackets

2 Likes

just drill some holes and keep your coils in side that fuckin thing hahaha

edit: jk btw

2 Likes

i disagree

you have little to zero real control over the sleeve (granted its good for fresh frozen if you dont have a chiller). and then have to deal with the fact that the solvent doesnt want to leave and losing a largely unsafe amount of solvent per run (even with nitrogen)

Much better to just have a good large coil sumberged in DI slurry for injection run fast zero soaks

1 Like

I think he’s referring to closed top jackets vs open top sleeves?

Ur not the first person here to make that joke lmao

Honestly if you use nitrogen to push freezing solvent… Do you really need to dewax? I think dewaxing is just a fancy step. Imo, If you aren’t running a crc you can get away with a few 5um filters and no dewaxing…

Then again I don’t run an industry or lbs a day

My logic with dewaxing is that on my set up, if I wanna maintain cold injection, I need to inject slowly, and give my coil time to do its job. That being said, my injection takes ~15min per tube. If I don’t have a loaded dewax column, I fear while the injected solvent may have started at a nice temp, it could warm up to a less desirable temp from the room temp material. I use the dewax column not to achieve colder temps, but to maintain colder temps

3 Likes

Ptfe is cheap though.

have you froze your stuff to confirm its not waxy?