Drug checking... on weed?

User friendly Drug checking through reagent testing and fentanyl test strips is so common in drug user and harm reduction circles but it seems like that kind of technology hasn’t made it to weed world quite yet. Does anyone on here know of possible reagents that a user in an illegal market could use to identify adulterants in their cannabis? I’m talking the big bad chems like Eagle 20, Avid, Forbid 4F, etc… seems like tainted exports from the west coast are super common out east. Anyone who could figure out a testing kit for users to see if their product is tainted stands to make a lot of money and do a lot of good while they’re at it…

They would have to be done individually or at least several tests per group of buds, to rule out shit from several different classes would require different reagents, I would assume

2 Likes

For sure! Similar to using marquis, Mandelin and mecke reagents to test for adulterants in other substances. I’m a total layman when it comes to this stuff, so I guess what I’m asking is this: is this even possible? I know it’s not realistic to test for everything under the sun, but are there even reagents that work with these classes of chemicals? Is anyone doing work like this? I feel like it could be a real asset to someone in a non legal market who doesn’t even have access to testing that’s often prohibitively expensive for an individual anyways.

1 Like

I’m sure that there are things that react with many of them, and I’m sure each class of compounds reacts with a specific reagent with a certain reaction.
I don’t know shit about it either, this is just based on, literally, shit from reading about those reagent test kits you mentioned…

Great question…I was actually working on this for a bit. Investors went dumb on me so everything came to a halt. In a position now to re-release the test kits we did develop, and will likely be releasing by next summer or fall. I haven’t seen any consumer or retail shelf solutions for pesticides yet though.