DrLoud Exotic Grow Journal

Should I put under my tent with light cycles or no light cycles?

Yeah, if you put them directly in soil. You want light to hit them as soon as they come up. Otherwise it wil probably be stretching a lot.

But be careful tough not to give them too much light, lights with more blue will help against stretching.

With the help of a lux/lumen meter app you can get some indication of how much light reaches the “canopy” of your young plants.

I believe around the 5000-10k lux for seedlings.

If you type in on google: how many lux cannabis

You should get a decent amount of sites explaining it.

A few simple 25 watt light led bulbs from your average store could help in not killing the plants and give you a bit more control.

In case of accidenly not keeping an eye on them the plants leaves could even almost touch the bulbs for a short time whitout to much problems.

For my seedlings/ cuttings I like to use 2x 25watt warm white led bulbs + a small bleu light aquarium led.

Also dont burry them to deep, and dont pack down the soil to much.

1 Like

This is in hp mix toped with vermiculite, direct sown.

9 Likes

I popped 10 more seeds after taking yall feedbacks, ill update once after 5 days.

5 Likes

Update- the keep it simple technique is working, I got 3 seedlings sprouting, I also spoke to a mentor he says to not use tap water for my seeds but bottled water. So I popped 3 more, hopefully I get a better germination rate with this.

1 Like

Thanks to planting seeds like nature does I’m closer to 95% germination rate

I’ll take it, any feedbacks are welcome.

2 Likes

I was wondering if the cups with tiny bit of medium you showed us were intended for sowing. Fill the cup next time.

Did you poke drainage holes in bottom of cup ??

2 Likes

I prefer to fill my cups up with soil and veg until it’s got at least 5 nodes before transplanting. That gives the plants plenty of food/support to fill the cups with roots so transplanting goes easily. That soil isn’t going to hold together with so little in it.

1 Like

Yeah I did. I added medium as the plants becomes taller

In the future fill the cup to within maybe half inch to top before planting the seed. Your seedlings roots will need that space to grow and spread out. Styrofoam soup bowls offer wider, shorter container than keg cups for seedlings and cuts.

1 Like

We have repotted into a 5 gallon fabric pot.

Any advice or feedback are welcomed.

I haven’t started feeding yet, just clear h2o for now.

4 Likes

Are some of the solo cup plants flowering? Watch closely for hermies when flowering in a cup that small.

1 Like

Yeah one of the seeds I got from you are flowering. Should I kill them?

Small containers are stressful and can cause early flowering and hermies. Felt pots help. You can grow a tree in a solo cup, but it would need a nearly constant salt nute drip. You probably can ditch the cup plants. It’s hard to see them all closely enough to say.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to keep them in another tent and a slightly bigger container?

We are flowering now.

1 Like

The ones in the back look hella happy! Look at that nice dark green

1 Like

Thank you I’m working on efficiency when it comes to watering I’m using

Those lights Mars hydro fce6500? I think you could hang the light a little bit closer, 12-16 inches seems to be the sweetspot in flowering, if you run extra co2 maybe even a bit lower than that.

Personally I run the light at about 12inches and lollipop and defoliate so everything below canopy also grow decent bud instead of fluffy stuff.

1 Like