Dosatron (HELP)

Hello guys and girls… the time has come again I call on the help off my American Compadres! I’m trying to build a system for Athena pro!
670 drippers 2 liters per hour have a Etsy mini dab pump I just need to understand the ratios and flow rates as I’ve tried and it’s really confusing me am I bugging? Send help please​:rofl::rofl: spoke to 3 reps and it’s hopeless PLEASE somebody save my bacon! Running 720 watt leds tables basically trying to follow what you guys are pulling off ANY HELP IS GREATLY appreciated I’ve been running drippers but mixing in a single tank it’s time to upgrade!!!

Which model of Dosatron are you using?

Do you have the ph dosers as well?

I don’t have any I’m buying and building it now but I don’t know where to begin!

All the Dosatron information you need is on that page. Start with the technical documents at the bottom and learn to put it together and how it works. After you understand how the system works then you can work on the math for injection ratios and flow rate.

1 Like

Thank you brother appreciate you!

What’s up @Coopedup

If you haven’t bought your system yet, may I suggest rethinking your fertigation…

We are at a point where stepper motors and peristaltic pumps have gotten super fast, and accurate. You can create a much nicer and far more efficient system than with dosatrons. The system will also give you the ability to adjust your recipes on the fly, and send plain water, in real time, with one set of mains plumbing. It also reduces the complexity of your plumbing and reduces issues in the future.

Cheers

2 Likes

I haven’t looked into them I have how ever seen them I’d probs has to order all the parts state side and have them shipped and really can wait I think ima go with the doseatron and upgrade in the future I need somthing with ready available parts over here is a joke at the moment I think I worked it out how ever I just match the dose rates to the nutrients so 1-500 for core because it’s 1 gal to 455 grams of power and I’ll need 21 liters per minuet if correct thank you for your input though highly appreciated!!!:white_check_mark:

Sure sure. There are calculators for this. You need to know the flow rate of your system (either control it or check it using a bucket/stopwatch). Then you need to know how much you are wanting to feed at a time (because you only have one tank right???) in case you are feeding different plants different things, to control zones. But if only one feed at a time for all plants - not hard at all.

Each dosatron can be adjusted for the range 1-500 - you turn it up or down to dial in your EC (which you can check in the tank). You said Athena - are you pre-mixing? Buying pre-mix? Or something else?

I saw you respond to the DM - let me know if you want to talk more specifically about it.

1 Like

Defo check your inbox dude maybe we can face time tomorrow or somthing?!

1 Like