Do's and Don't's for a Solvent Supplier

What’s up gems and gents. Since we are a solvent supplier to the industry we thought it’d be interesting to open up conversations about what an ideal supply company looks like from ground zero.

Tell us what products you’d like your supplier(s) to carry on hand at all times. What do you like about your supplier, and what you don’t like about your supplier. Would you rather piece mail products together for your lab, or would you like to be able to order all solvents/alcohols from one supplier? Does personal service and delivery matter, or would you rather order your solvents online? We have so many more questions so let’s talk. Thank you.

2 Likes

Clean/rinse your tanks out the way Solvent Direct does. They’re the only supplier I’ve gotten clean gas and correct tri blends from.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply. AdChem does a proprietary interior clean on every tank every rotation. This should be industry standard since we’re making medical products that are ingested, and I’m not sure why this isn’t law at this point. Probably will be soon. I’d be willing to bet you’d be happy with the cleanliness/purity of our gas. Also, we service a few large CA labs that use tri-blends. We are familiar with tri-blends, and blends in general so if you’d be willing to try us out let me know. I do see how other suppliers could fill a cylinder with improper ratios of gases in relation to what the specific blend ratios should be. They don’t invest the time and money into a proper filling station that fills cylinders to hundredth decimal point like our manufacturer. Thanks again!

1 Like

See if you cant do stainless tanks on rental, that would be cool.

5 Likes

Thank you for your input. We greatly appreciate it. We have been looking into stainless steel cylinders for a few months. The issue is that SOME of the stainless steel storage vessels that you all typically use to recover and redistribute solvent are not DOT approved to be shipped. They often do not come with a spring loaded PRD(Pressure Release Valve). Some good info on PRD’s here:

https://www.valvemagazine.com/magazine/sections/back-to-basics/7322-pressure-relief-devices-part-1.html

But we are working on this, and we will be sure to make an announcement if and when we start implementing these cylinders into our fleet. Thanks again for the reply. I see you comment on a lot of posts, and you’re a font of information.

1 Like

Can you deliver your gas, how fast, and to what areas?

2 Likes

How is your pricing on an LP239 with straight n-butane?

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Yes we can deliver your gas. We have HUBS in CA, CO, several on the east coast, and we ship nationwide. If you’re in the CA or CO market we can most likely personally deliver to your lab. If you’re located elsewhere we can easily ship to you OTR(over the road) freight, which isn’t too terribly expensive. Our delivery times are fast. We typically need 24-48 hours notice for a delivery. Will reply with some pricing info in your PM. Thanks again for your input.

1 Like