Donations for my sister's children after she died suddenly on Thanksgiving morning

Hello, Future 4200 -

Don’t post much on here but I am active every day and have lurked here since the beginning. I feel terrible posting this here to a bunch of people I’ve never met, and although this community has its issues, I know at its heart it’s filled with great and caring people. I’ve seen others have success with this so here goes.

Please share and donate if you can. My family and I do not have social media so we are seeking help to promote this GoFundMe to help support my sister’s young children after she died suddenly Thanksgiving morning.

Thank you in advance for all the shares, donations, kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

Megan Lyn Letizia

8.23.1984 - 11.24.22

Suddenly taken from us on Thanksgiving, our memories of her will remain in our hearts forever. We are thankful for having had you in our lives, Megan.

Megan had been saying she had a fever and chills the night before Thanksgiving and, as a result, had intended to reschedule their family meeting. Throughout the night, Ryan had checked on her multiple times to ensure she was alright, getting water for Megan, etc. Around 7:30 AM the morning of Thanksgiving day, Ryan checked on Megan again. When Ryan demanded that he take her to the hospital, Megan stated she would not go. Megan drank water and a bit of toast, and laid back down. After Ryan prepared breakfast for their daughters Elyse and Zoey, he found Megan unresponsive and not breathing. He immediately carried her to the floor and started CPR while calling 911. Within minutes the rescue team and police arrived and started working on Megan for nearly a half hour while her husband and two small girls watched and prayed for their wife and mother to pull through. At about 9:00 AM Megan’s heart had a pulse again, and she was taken to Elmbrook Hospital Emergency Room.

Megan was transferred to the ICU at 1 PM, where her heart stopped again, and more chest compressions commenced. Her husband, parents, and brother looked on from the hallway as the doctors did everything they could to save her. Over the next 5 hours, Megan was treated with CPR, chest compressions, a breathing tubes, blood transfers, and four life support medications. Her body fought as hard as it could, and at 6:09 - 6:10 PM, she passed as the doctors informed us they could no longer perform chest compressions. It was very difficult for us all to see her fight this battle; it is something that will sit with her family forever.

After Megan passed Elyse and Zoey came to the hospital so Ryan could explain their mother was now an angel. They were given a choice if they wanted to see their mother one last time. Even though they were told their mother would look very different due to how sick she was, the girls were brave and chose to see their mother and say their goodbyes. No words can describe how difficult this was for us, but we are proud of the girls and their strength. We cannot imagine their future without their mother, but we know we must do all we can to be strong for them. The autopsy came back inconclusive, meaning that the doctors do not know what happened, only adding to the shock we are experiencing. We hope to have more information in the coming months.

We want to thank you all for the support and love you have already given us during this most difficult time. Everyone has asked what they can do to help us, and we wish we had better answers. Megan’s death has been a shock for us all, and it has required time to process; it still doesn’t feel real. In the short term, the focus has been on preparing arrangements to celebrate Megan’s life, and we give thanks to all who have helped us with that.

The most heartbreaking task at hand is going forward. Once the initial shock has worn off, and the celebration of life has commenced, our family will be left with one sole mission: caring for, loving, and supporting Elyse and Zoey unconditionally. Nothing will ever replace Megan’s love and influence in their lives, but we must do our best. Megan was an extraordinary mother who nurtured her very own talents in Elyse and Zoey, passing them on - getting them involved with art, athletics & music, teaching them to cook and how to handle a firearm or bow and arrow safely.

We invite everyone she touched in life with her incredible art, sense of humor, and infectious, fun personality to join us in this mission to help support these two wonderful girls through what will be a difficult next few years. Please consider donating to Elyse and Zoey in the care of her loving father, Ryan, to help ease this burden upon our family. We thank you so much for your love, help, and support.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. This is devastating. We are a community here and will do our best to donate to this family in her honor. Again, please accept my sincere condolences.
Miles

Edit: are you sure the gofundme is working correctly? I tried to donate but it wouldn’t accept it…dunno why

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Other people have donated a recently as 20 minutes ago, I’m not sure if there’s something I set up incorrectly, I’ve never really used GoFundMe. What error did you get?

Regardless my family thanks you.

1 Like

It may be on my end. The 3 digit code on my card was entered incorrectly by me so it may have locked me out. I’ll try again in an hour.
May all blessings be yours.

Edit: ok just tried and it worked just fine

2 Likes

Thank you so much from my family and I.

1 Like

Oh my goodness. My deepest condolences to you. I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. God bless you all. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Sidco_Cat from the bottom of our hearts.

2 Likes