Don’t put extract on your stove

It’s Oregon we got too much weed with too many idiots and tweakers. Eventually they mingle and something explodes.

When I lived in Salem in 2012 there were 3 bho explosions in a month just on my side of town. Shit was stupid common to hear about across Oregon not just Tigard.

1 Like

Uh, this sounds like weed got blamed for a meth production using the shake n bake method, which actually uses a Gatorade bottle(you know, because it’s stronger plastic :joy:).
If there was an explosion, they easily could have said they were trying to make cannabis oil and would have been thought of as dumbasses rather than drug makers

2 Likes

Saw this the other day.

3 Likes

Why would you be open blasting inside of a house? As far as your question goes: don’t open blast inside of the house. If continue doing so then make sure your house insurance policy is current and paid up. Make sure your medical insurance policy is current and paid up. Make sure your life insurance policy is current and paid up.(You don’t want to leave your loved ones with a bunch of bills) every morning before going to work tell your family you love them and every night when you finish work tell God thank you.

Never have too many fire extinguishers, that and stop open blasting inside. Just don’t do it.

Also insurance is nullified if your trapping like that. “burnt my house down in a illegal ass manufacturing lab”. Doesn’t jive well with the normies

5 Likes

This reminds me… Anyone that’s been in the military can probably relate. On the front of a claymore mine It says “this side toward enemy”, on the back it says “do not eat”. Which goes to show you, no matter how obvious things may seem to you, there’s always that guy that’s going to try to eat the claymore.

12 Likes

You can have the best insurance(s) on the planet it won’t save you from possible jail time because you exploded a residence illegally manufacturering cannabis oil… I think this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum.

Insurance won’t cover a drug lab explosion…

You’ll probably get medical attention if you’re alive after an explosion or a fire that’s started from extracting cannabis but you’re not gonna be covered for your possessions. Just thought I’d toss that out there

1 Like

Fuck! A dolly. Son of a bitch. I’m really fucking mad I didn’t think of that because it’s so damn obvious. That goes into tricks of the trade.

Well!, time to buy a dolly for my material column :octopus::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit not doing this after the comment below was read.

1 Like

as shown it’s a horrible idea. they look to have the column on the back and a weight on the tongue as a counter balance.

flip it around, and mount the column so you can actually wheel it around… then I guess it makes sense if you’re dragging your gear outside to the popup to extract once in a while, but please anchor it to something appropriate when extracting.

nah. not at all a pro move. not even a moving pro move.

they found something to make it work, and miraculously, didn’t die/take the building out while doing it (we had the windows open bro!).

that’s about as positive as I’m willing to be on that setup.

7 Likes

So not going that route.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I still clean my dab rig with iso in the microwave.

I assume it will ignite every time (I leave the room, extinguisher close by).

It hasn’t exploded yet, but before I got the timing right (25 seconds) I did coat the inside of my microwave with tincture a couple or four times.

The speed and ease of this technique (less than a min to clean my rig) are what keep me coming back to a trick I KNOW is stupid.

12 Likes

I just nuke ISO for a second or two then add it, refluxing in the rig seems a bit much

1 Like

I have insurance for doing things like this. Fastest way to clean a rig. But, I use etho.

2 Likes

Y’all are what the osha man’s nightmares consist of🤣

5 Likes

Does it count if I use an EtOH bottle?

Or could that be mistaken for methanol PPE?

6 Likes

I usually heat the outside of my rig with hot water with ever clear in the rig (if I wanna save the claim, 91% iso and coarse sea salt if I don’t) and then use aluminum foil to block the mouth/opening and the downstem then shake like crazy. Takes 2 tries but no microwave involved.

2 Likes

Interesting, how many seconds and power of the watts?

That will depend on the size of the rig/amount of solvent.

Pretty sure I’m throwing 1500W at it

My rig doesn’t like more than 12-13s or it’ll rapid boil and shoot etho all over the microwave. So, I go 1 second less.

1 Like