Doing my first Short Path Distillation

Look normal?

What’s your mantle and vacuum at?

Mantle 201, vacuum 28.5

Got any dripping? What’s you head temp?

Head temp been as high as 120 but is back down to 64 now. It has been dripping into the heads.

I have never run that hot of a condenser, but you have it set at 60 now from what I can tell right?

Head temp is climbing back up and dripping starting back up.

Yes its set to 60 now but taking time to go down.

Bump to 210. Get to 220. That’s where I run at. I’ll see if I can get a pick of mains flowing in the head to get you an idea of what to look for.

1 Like

The head temp going up and down is normal for the first fraction. It’s different stuff boiling off. It’s a good sign.

There should be a yellow line forming around the condenser. Sometimes it might be a little green or red depending upon your starting crude.

2 Likes

Max head temp was 120c then dropped, stuck around 50c now, any ideas why head temp would get stuck low?

Worked it’s way up to 70 now going back down again.

Keep going. Your head temps will go up eventually. Don’t lose patience, or you may blow though the fractions.

1 Like

How long is it reasonable for it to sit around 50 head temps? Vacuum is good.

1 Like

Found a small vacuum leak its going good now.

1 Like

How did the run end up?

1 Like

I dont see anyone mentioning vacuum levels in this thread…

You said that your vacuum was around 28.5, I assume you mean inches of mercury.
This is nowhere even close to being able to distill cannabinoids.

You need to show us pictures of the entire setup, from multiple angles. It seems that the vacuum that you have is not sufficient, but we need more information to help you out.

5 Likes

Turned out pretty good I think. Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

Hi. Great post and great instructions. So your saying that you don’t decarb prior to a extraction, that the heated mantle reaching 225 , decarb will take place fully? Excuse my question, I have many trying to learn as much I can.