Does anyone use a cold finger to purify their rosin?

Not a rosin vape. That’s diamonds unless they’re solventless.

I understand what you were saying, but does anyone actually do this? It seems like it would take a lot of effort to decarb the devolatilized rosin without making it taste gross, and why do all that when blending the volatiles with a neutral tasting source of THC would make a better tasting (and possibly healthier to consume) end product?

The only reason would be so you could say that the entire vape came from solventless. There is no regulatory body in cannabis yet that can legally define ‘Champagne’ as being only sparkling wine from Champagne, France (or legally define a ‘rosin vape’ as being only a vape containing X% of solventless concentrate) so I really don’t see a reason to do what your saying when it seems like it would be a PITA and you’d end up with a potentially inferior product.

I don’t have experience with high quality rosin so maybe I’m totally off base here. All my experiences attempting to decarb fatty concentrates ended up with weird tasting oil that still had off tastes when I added hte or terps to it. But if, as you said, carefully decarbing rosin gives you

I could see how that could yield a more preferable end product.

1 Like

I mean even if you went full distillation with it the disty yielded from the rosin would be still technically solventless as long as you don’t winterize it. But as you said you may have a dealing of fats that will be troublesome to some folks.

1 Like
2 Likes

Making rosin while driving.

2 Likes

I do it, taste great, I agree rosin HTE with liquid diamonds would taste better but decarbed live rosin taste amazing as well and the former would likely be seen as dishonest by my purchasers so I don’t do that.
You don’t need 100C to decarb rosin and the temperatures used do change the profile a little but considering to taste rosin normally you are dropping it in a quartz bucket 2-3x the hottest you would go for decarb it doesn’t change it much in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like