Does a centrifuge seperate crude right away or does it still need to be roto'd

Looking into making production faster and was wondering if a centrifuge seperates crude right away or does it still need to be roto’d

Crude is made by extraction of biomass where a minimum of 6x the biomass weight is used in solvent
This solvent has to be roto d off yes

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick response.

What would you set your roto to as in temp and spin speed? I have a 20L roto

Wich solvent And is vacuüm in place?

A centrifuge can make your extraction more efficient, it does so by removing the solvent (tincture) from your biomass faster and more completely.

You still need to recover the solvent.

3 Likes

Ethanol and I have a ULVAC DA-170DA vacuum pump

Ok so you can run at a minimum of 60 C on the bath but many run hotter
As a result the hotter you run the more will decarboxilate in the process so also depends of the end goal
Personally I run at 90 rpm but that’s me

1 Like

Great. Thanks I was running at 60 Degrees but was scared it was too hot.

What are you running and what’s the end product you wish
For cbg 60 c will decarb a lot
For thc around 20%
For cbd 10%
But all depends how long you purge your solvent under these conditions

1 Like

Running to get thc and then make distillate

1 Like

By placing a temperature probe in the vapor path you get the real temperature inside the flask a dessrepencie of 5C is very normal so 60 in the bath is 55 C in the flask

1 Like

I see. Thanks a lot for answering my questions. Much appriciated

1 Like

If your end goal it thc distillate, then decarb during solvent recovery may be considered a feature rather than a bug.

You can also get more of your target and get it faster, if you use your fuge correctly… see:It washes the cannabis and then it washes the cannabis some more

4 Likes

I would second this. Recover the ethanol at 60C until condensation stops, drain to reuse, and then raise temp to decarb in the roto and toss anything that’s collected at this point. If you have an oil bath you can go to 130-140C, or go as high as you can with a water bath but don’t let the water boil off.

If i decarb in roto its a pain to get out of the ball.

Are you letting it cool down first or something? I’ve never had trouble pouring/sucking while hot, but yeah since all solvents and a lot of terpenes are evaporated the viscocity will be higher and adhesion will as well.

1 Like

Clamp BF upside down and use a heat lamp and/or heat gun. Preferably in a fume hood for safety.

1 Like