Do you run ur cls with the collection warm or cold?

Seems like I’m hearing different things , do u run ur cls with the collection tank warm or cold ? If so why

I run mine warm cuz I dont have time to wait for the temp to come back up between runs

it really depends if you have nitrogen to move the liquid (propane works too)

if you have no nitro to push with then you should run a cold collection

2¢,
Good Luck

10 Likes

Cold and I use a nitro push …im afraid that propane will warm up and not make in into the collection as a liquid
…but I have small collection its nothing for me to chill it

Now if u have a super big extraction, no need but u better be getting that solvent coldenough before pushing or you’ll be blowing butane and propane gas instead a liquid then ur yields will be shifty. So u gotta have the solvent cold enough to preform the above trick. And it’ll make purging nitrogen point a bit hard

CRC is jacketed and warm, cold active recovery

Push the solvent with a cold collection

Then heat up the collection to recover

3 Likes

I keep my heat on my collection at 78-82°F, and I run between 18-24kw heaters to keep up. Some people run at over 100°F… which is still cool, but towards the end, if you’re running that warm, you might want to pour out the spout while you still have about a lb or less of tane in there. Otherwise, you will lose some terps to the boil off.

12 Likes

I only heat my 12x24 jacketed collection. Nitro pushing butane through 75 feet of coil in two buckets…it goes where the nitro pushes it. No need for cooling a collection.

11 Likes

This.

10 Likes

@TwistedStill do you push everything through then heat/recover or have it warm and recover while it’s pouring in?

2 Likes

I’ll push into a 90 degree collection too on my second run of the day. Butane with nitrogen behind it doesn’t care…

@Greenz I usually heat as the butane is entering the collection on the first run. Every run after that the collection is warmed up already during injection. If I’m running more that 20 lbs of solvent, usually 50, I’ll start recovering after about 15 lbs is in the collection and has built a little pressure.

4 Likes

Why don’t you guys add a reflux condenser to keep the terps in the pot? It’s the same concept like in glass, the boiling flask has a reflux condenser on top

24 Likes

@TwistedStill seperate 75’ for recovery? chilled tank/tanks? About to setup a spare system with 2 50’ 3/8" coils inline

1 Like

@Waxplug1 just a shotgun cond on top? what temp do you run that at?

Edit: Confused at the setup with sieve and condenser not being used inline…

1 Like

I run my collection pot at 84F and put my recovery tank in a ice bath, it takes me about 3hrs to recover 50Lbs on a 5LB CLS system. im probably doing it the old way but its how i trained myself.

75 feet of 3/8“ injection cool. Recovery is 1/2", 1/2“ coil, same as boomtown was running but he did dual. Recovery tank is not jacketed, but lives in an insulated garbage can and gets about a 1.5" later of dry ice around the lower 2/3 of the tank. There was 50 lb tanks at each end. Now I’ve got 100lb on injection and 50 on recovery. I can shoot some butane over to the injection tank with the dip tube mid recovery to make recovery capacity if needed.

4 Likes

It’s a jacketed spool packed with distillation packing. I’m seeing better results running it hot. I did some testing with my falling film

11 Likes

@Waxplug1 next level shit. I feel like it would need a minimum of 2 stages in this configuration though no?

2 Likes

shopping

this is what my set up looks like, can anyone tell me the difference between the one posted above and mine?

1 Like

That looks down right fuckable!
Good show Old Chap!

5 Likes

@HoggLife_Extracts very broad question sir. To simplify I would use the apology of you driving a 1998 civic while you are looking at a Porsche.

Nothing wrong with the civic but too many differences to list in comparison to the Porsche…

6 Likes