Do you guys chop early for hash?

I’m sure it’s been discussed here before, but I couldn’t find anything relevant with the search bar. Anyone else harvest early for fresh frozen runs, and if so by how many days? Does it have a big impact on your yield? I have to cut this tent at day 53-54 instead of the usual 64, and am kinda worried.

4 Likes

Cutting early is possible for hash but usually a strain based decision on when is “the most ripe”

You could see significantly reduced yields if it is a later finisher.

7 Likes

Depends on why.

If you are hashing because of grow errors / bugs / etc

If you are hashing for that perfect whiteish hue instagram

If you are part of the secret ultra “the judges will know it’s bullshit early pull” competitions

If you are smoking for enjoyment

If you are smoking because of medical reasons

3 Likes

It might come out fancier looking actually.

See when you have milkier trichs or even clear trichs you can be looking at some prettier hash, most people who are trying to make ‘white’ hash rosin do this - you do in fact sacrifice your bottom line due to this and a bit of terps in my opinion but to each their own. It won’t ruin your harvest, that’s for sure as some people do this almost every time.

3 Likes

Amber trichomes are typically from late harvest, yes? Is this due to degradation/conversion inside the trich?

1 Like

For max potency harvest when 90% of trichs are milky and around 10% have turned amber. If you want clear/super white extracts harvest a week early.

And yes, oxidation/UV and the end of the growth is causing the trichs to turn dark and convert/degrade THC to CBN.

The cells that produce cannabinoids, flavonoids and terpenes have died at this point so decay (ripening) has begun.

4 Likes

In like 2015 that’s how people got the suuuper light yellow/clear colors without crc. I chopped a 10week plant at 8 weeks and extracted it still “Live”. The extract had such light color at the time people hadn’t seen things like that and I couldn’t even get rid of it. Now it would be fire live resin

2 Likes

I literally had to give this stuff away. And it tasted amazing. I kept most of it as headstash

5 Likes