Do these extraction yields look right to you?

This table has been making the rounds for a little while now. It shows the amount of biomass required to produce a kilo of 64% crude oil based on varying potency. I’ve been using [ 30/lbs @ ~8% > 1 kg ] as a rule of thumb for a while now. This chart is telling me something a little different.

What has your experience been?
What is your average efficiency?

2 Likes

I don’t know if this will be quite what you are looking for but a post by @Future had a pretty solid spreadsheet attached to it. V2 is the most recent. It allows you to input your biomass numbers, but the crude potency is another number that must be input as well. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for this

1 Like

Someone should make a biomass to concentrate /extract calculator and post it here. Like input your biomass weight, solvent of choice, the amount of solvent used, and even add in a few other cute features like the user being able to add whether or not they nitrogen assisted or even being able to input post processing factors like jacketed base water temp, the temp of a mantle, the temp of a vacuum oven. All factors would have a play on days until completion, the weight of the product as well as the estimated parts per million prior to lab tes [respectively].

1 Like

in cannabusiness?

nah :wink:

We’re running between 27 and 44lbs of biomass per liter of 80% crude. Varies based on flower potency of course.

1 Like

There are an insane amount of variables to ever make a calculator like that… especially down to the various things like nitro push, or jacketed etc… the numbers can be broken down from the biomass to expected output, but it would never be consistent for everyone doing their processing and trying to match. I think futures calculator is really all that can be positively calculated to an ideal result

2 Likes

could always give an estimate not an exact result.