Do I need a sieve for running dry material?

Do I need a sieve for running dry material ?

1 Like

Maybe: Liquid separator instead of molecular sieve

2 Likes

Don’t know what a liquid separator is so I guess I’ll go with the sieve

What are you trying to sieve… your biomass?

1 Like

Which is why you were given a link…so you could LEARN.

As @CuriousChemist22 points out, you’re asking folks to read between the lines to figure out you’re asking about Molecular Sieves…

See: Molecular sieve beads

3 Likes

Sorry didn’t realize that was a link ! Thanks :pray:

Oh fucking duh. I’m not awake yet :rofl: I recommend always having your sieve set up, but you’ll likely get a decent number of uses from the same beads before a recharge is necessary if you aren’t running fresh material.

3 Likes

The physicists were kind enough to give us URL’s

If you haven’t noticed the links here yet your missing much of this places utility…

3 Likes

:joy: was that a link on the history of the internet.

I mean I’ve seen links but didn’t realize the grey writing was them too . Thanks :pray:

Did you know to thank the physicists?

So how many answers do you think you have been given that you haven’t noticed?!?

3 Likes

sieve is always good. I used to even use a dehydrator on the material prior to running and still got rust in my tank. Thats old tech- dehydrate material, I think that was before they figured out to run cold.

Wait… rust in your tank?

Thumper loves carbon steel tanks for some reason

2 Likes

I dont trust a triclamp gasket for storage= and im cheapwhat is the reason there is no dot stainless tank??? I had a non dot carbon tank leak a bunch in my house- xtane no good

So much mids, I don’t know where to start my dude.

was that on topic? carbon tanks produce bad extraact? I do it all cold and wtih a sieve and filtered. rusty carbon tanks no good but clean ones are fine IMO thats why I have a sieve im gonna try that guys gas whos been advertising on here and ill reuse his carbon tank to recover. I got a bunch of tanks, i need to refill like 5 with propane so i dont run out or hae to go to the store as often.- for co2

Imagine filling just one, not 5.

High pressure clamps have ratings, and are meant for semipermanent connections. If you don’t find them safe, but are chill with solvent tanks rusting from the inside out…

Do I need to spell it out.

i know i should have a stainless tank. I dont. the carbon tanks get changed for new ones. my precess always loses gas each run. Why do they rust if you use mole sieve?

in general are triclamps used in industrial hydrocarbon applications? I think they are used in sanitary applications more than gasses. especially in a tank in my 120 degree garage. im confident dot tanks can take it. xtane is not dot tanks. to make a point= should i get a 120 lb triclamp tank and use it in my garden for the propane gen= NO hell no!!! not safe just imagine it leaking at the same time its supplying fire. final destination has to make people die in a c1 d1 booth next movie.